No announcement yet.

France's Military Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the AI runs into problems where there are dead ends in the upgrade path:

Swordsmen
    Longbowmen
    Cavalry
    Frigates
    Ironclads

You will see many of these units around far past their age of usefulness. But any other lack of upgrading is all about the lack of cash. The AI will spend as much as it can afford to trade for resources, luxuries, and tech, while researching as well. The result is often that they have no available cash reserve. This limits their ability to upgrade, and is why you will often find AI cities defended by 1 top-notch defender, with one or more outdated ones underneath.

------------------------------

Bloody Baro,

I assume from your post that you were playing on a low difficulty setting, perhaps without the most recent patch (v. 1.21). You may find that the AI can put up a much better fight once the odds are even (Regent), or tilted in the AI's favor (Monarch, Emperor, Diety). It's not that it is coded to be "smarter" on those levels, it's that it operates with penalties to commerce and production on chieftain and warlord, and that limits what it can do.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

In my current game, (monarch, 8 civs - 6 remaining, and everyone huddled onto one pangea-like continent) the French are putting the hurting on most people. They are the second largest area wise with me being first. Between the two of us, we dominate 75% of the continent. I have seen the French stack upto 60 units while passing through my land to attack a hapless civ. 50% of the stack was Infantry and the rest a hodgepodge of Swordsmen, Riflemen, and Longbowmen. They also have about 5K gold to boot. That really put the heebie-jeebies into me. They are about 3-4 tech away from Synthetic Fibers (Mod. Arm.) but I am researching it currently. They were in the tech lead for a good long while but slowly I overtook them when my empire reached a certain critical mass late in the Ind. Era.

My plan is to get to MA first and upgrade my 30-40 tanks and blitz the French and take about 6-10 of their top cities really quickly (4-5 turns) and knock them down a peg or two.
      "Misery, misery, misery. That's what you've chosen" -Green Goblin-

Comment

Re: France's Military Stupidity

Originally posted by The Bloody Baro
        Okay I was the Germans with like 4 suped up cities in the late industrial/ early modern. [I know I'm a turtler] But I had like all the resources. France [i played against 1 opponet, I was a rookie] was almost my equal in tech but had only iron and coal. So I'm buildin' up my bombers, my navy, and a force of 50 PANZERS. So France see these forces along the border so they send in a crap load of SWORDSMEN, WARRIORS, LONGBOWMEN, AND THE OCCASONIAL HORSEMAN. Against PANZERS. So first I bomb the h*ll out of them. Then my panzers actually gain experience against warriors. So after their " invasion " force was blown to f***in h*ll. They say " Are you ready to stop your agression? " So I respond by raizing their border cities and then offer a piece treaty[ with a crap lot of gold I might add ]. Also i got a city that the only known source of alumium in the deal. It was right next to paris. But it is surrounded by imputent puking pink french cities.

Ahhh but Frances stupidity is not done. Okay now I discovered Stealth and the tech for modern armor. So i stick those in the alumiunm city. So my modern armors are just sittin there. Then the french attack with Knights So there is a repeat of the last war execpt I end up nuking the retardly pink french and take all their cities.

THE END
        hi ,

look's like a replay from WW2 , .........

could be do to the fact that they have no rescources , or the road's to them blocked , or the tech that they dont have , it could be many things , ....

have you tried to replay , and give them the techs or so , ....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

bump
          AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
          Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
          Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
          X