Global Warming Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming Failure

I'm not one to moan, especially about a game that is mostly very good, but I thought I might be able to "improve" global warming to give rising sea levels effects.

I was wrong, it seems.

In the editor I changed desert so it should become coast when affected by pollution.

So far so good, you might think.

But, I then started a modded game, giving myself 25 ICBMs at the start, and playing on a map made entirely of desert. I covered the whole place with radiation, the pollution "sun-meter" went to "BIG PROBLEM BOSS" ... and then I waited, and...

It simply doesn't work. I waited untill 1AD to be sure, and gave up. Has anyone else got a clue ?

I also tried desert changes to mountains, and THAT works.

Hmm, just complaining I suppose, but if anyone remembers a certain other game... They certainly CAN programme it if they want to.

Sorry about the long boring post.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Can you change it to "desert ---> ocean"?
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

Im not sure global warming takes affect until after 1400 - 1500 AD, just a thought but in my last game i had the little global warming sun for ages before any terrain changed
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Apparently Global Warming is created by the total pollution production of all your cities, not by the amount of pollution currently lying around.

Comment

If you want to test your global warming modification, then you simply need to build a hell of a lot of factories and coal plants. Also get the iron works if you can. Maximise shield production, and maximise population growth. Unfettered industrial boom, and uncontrolled population growth are the way towards global warming.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Re: Global Warming Failure

Originally posted by War of Art
            I'm not one to moan, especially about a game that is mostly very good, but I thought I might be able to "improve" global warming to give rising sea levels effects.

I was wrong, it seems.

In the editor I changed desert so it should become coast when affected by pollution.

So far so good, you might think.

But, I then started a modded game, giving myself 25 ICBMs at the start, and playing on a map made entirely of desert. I covered the whole place with radiation, the pollution "sun-meter" went to "BIG PROBLEM BOSS" ... and then I waited, and...

It simply doesn't work. I waited untill 1AD to be sure, and gave up. Has anyone else got a clue ?

I also tried desert changes to mountains, and THAT works.

Hmm, just complaining I suppose, but if anyone remembers a certain other game... They certainly CAN programme it if they want to.

Sorry about the long boring post.

-Jam
            hi ,

in the editor you shall find the default terrain , ..............desert ,

a desert cant become , ......;desert , if you would start with mauntains or so , they become hill's , grassland , plains , and desert , ...........

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I don't really get what you meant... How do you imagine that something can become a coast without any water nearby?

Comment

A coast square is actually the more shallow water tile. There's three levels of depth in the water. You have coast, sea and ocean.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                  A coast square is actually the more shallow water tile. There's three levels of depth in the water. You have coast, sea and ocean.
                  hi ,

and there is a difference between land-locked , that is sweet water and not land-locked , that is salt water , ...........

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                  X