No announcement yet.

Making the stat nerds case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want stats, I want them now, I want lots and lots of lovely statistics about every single thing. I was seriously considering making copious notes during the game to record combat scores.

I'd also love to have a bit more on the demographics screen. If I'm number 2 in population, then surely my advisors know who is number one, or perhaps I can't handle the truth

And a big world map with lots of options and information instead of this useless thing in the corner....

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Kills for each unit in the field, and an ability to name super units or armies
      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
        I want stats, I want them now, I want lots and lots of lovely statistics about every single thing. I was seriously considering making copious notes during the game to record combat scores.

I'd also love to have a bit more on the demographics screen. If I'm number 2 in population, then surely my advisors know who is number one, or perhaps I can't handle the truth

And a big world map with lots of options and information instead of this useless thing in the corner....

-Jam
        What a coincidence! Freeciv has had that option for years! (storing various gamestats/demographics for all the civs etc..in a txt file)

P.S
        Those logs can get HUGE if you're playing with 24+ civs or more. Everything is recorded!
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art

-Jam
          I would hope that my advisors would know the pecking order, since they know where I am in it. Guess they feel I can't handle it, either. Wish I had the option to string up some of my useless advisors.

I would like for us to know more about the other civs; like you said, if we are no. 2, then tell me who is no. 1, and give me details. You won't, hmmm: hey you Asst. Advisor, you are now Advisor, your first job, hang the old Advisor. Maybe I watched that one episode in Star Wars too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
            I agree, except compared to many others, we aren't really that anal.
            ohh yes you are
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I agree, but Firaxis obviously doesn't seem to have that attention to detail that made the other games so great.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I disagree, only so I don't have to be called anal.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                  ohh yes you are
                  I have to say; all things being considered, taking everything into consideration, considering the whole picture, being considerate of the complete facts: we could be far more anal than we are currently.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Civ3 really took a step backward in this area (and I'm a considerable fan overall).

We want more stats about all civs during the game and in the Highest Scores window. And we want it displayed more effectively. Line graphs make it easier to compare Civs at various points of the game.

More anal than average

Comment

Working...
                    X