Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tired of saved games taking up loads of space?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tired of saved games taking up loads of space?

If your saved games are beginning to take over your hard disk, you can put ones that you are not currently playing into zip files.

you will find that this shrinks files from 5.4mb to almost 300kb
    a huge reduction, really useful if u dont play on a pc with masses of disk space or want to transfer games on floppy disks.
    *mc4k*

Or just install the latest patch, which compresses save games automatically.
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Or you could patch to version 1.21f, which does the same thing automatically.

Comment

Another option would be to install the latest patch, which does this automatically.

Or you could just go in and delete them - once the game's over they're useless
        petey

-When in doubt attack. When not in doubt, attack anyways - it's more fun

Comment

Or you could just go in and delete them - once the game's over they're useless

I agree with this. Also, the save menu starts becoming clattered with old games, if you don't delete.
          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I put save games in another folder now when I don't use them. Usualy, it's only the last save for a particular game, sometimes the first as well. Once I get a resonable amount, I send them to my CD-R drive when I'm making my backup of my downloaded files and programs.

I can't help it if I'm a pack rat.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Also, the latest patch, 1.21f I believe, automatically compresses saves.
              I hate oral!!

Comment

quick, lets say it a few more times

if i recall correctly, the newest patch (1.21 i think) compresses saves automagically.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

/Me checks to see how much of the 6G Civ3 partition is used.

Nope, have 3G left.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Uber doesn't 1.21f automatically compress savegame files?

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I think it would be great if there were a way to compress saves.
                      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I think everybody has had enough "fun" with this one tonight
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X