I missed something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed something

Sorry about posting this, I'm sure its been gone over a dozen times.....

I know that people say that in the editor you can now reduce "tech whoring" and corruption, but I have totally missed where it is that you can change these.....

Also, what do you think are reasonable levels to make the AI treat you the same as other AI civs when trading and to keep your outlying cities useful???

the difficulty settings tab. you go to each of them and change the "AI to AI Trade Rate" to 110 or around there. it makes it quasi fair.

people say that making it 100 or lower cripples the AI, so i leave it at 110 or 120.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Okay, but waht about corruption??? Is there a way to change that?

Comment

Corruption

You can reduce corruption by making one or more of the following changes:

On the Difficulty Level tab set Optimal Cities for each difficulty level to 100%.
        On the World Sizes tab, increase the number of cities (try by 50%) for each map size.
        Set flag for corruption reduction on more buildings (e.g., Temples). I think ver. 1.21 has done this for Police Stations.

Comment

Okay, cool, now one last question:

Once the changes are made in the editor, do theyaffect every new game in Civ3 or just thar one that I am creating in the editor. If the answer is just that one that I am making, where/how do I save it so that I can find it from the load game screen.

Comment

It depends. If yuou affect the changes in civ3mod.bic it will effect evry game (since these ae the default rules). If you don't want that, just create a scenario with no map but with these modded rules.
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Even easier than some of the suggestions listed here is the corruption slider. I'd set it at about 80% with about 50% more cities for each map size as previously listed and no other changes. You'll find this gives close to Civ2 levels of corruption (except, of course in Democracy which had no corruption in Civ2).
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
              X