Question about the editor patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the editor patch?

In June we should get a new editor, with possibility to make scenarios, and thereby World maps with correct starting positions! But will there be several (sized) world maps included? Because I'm not that interested in playing huge world maps only, since they take ages to play, with 15 minutes between each turn!

Has there been any word about that yet?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Aint there already a standard size world map included to the game?

Comment

Don't remember what size that map is, but I guess it would be cool to be able to play quick games (small maps) on earth maps in MP games...

Comment

Chances are you can get someone to make one for you if there are none included....

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
          Don't remember what size that map is, but I guess it would be cool to be able to play quick games (small maps) on earth maps in MP games...
          there is a standard and a huge that comes with civ3. there are several other world maps in the Files forum, including Marla's GIGA map
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Question about the editor patch?

Originally posted by ADG
            In June we should get a new editor, with possibility to make scenarios. . .

Currently, if we edit the game (and we should) we can NOT use different maps and mods with those edited values. We have to re-edit every single mod and map. Which is unacceptable.

If Firaxis comes out with scenarios (at LONG last) I expect to be ABLE to use my edited values with all of them, and with the various maps available. If I have to re-edit everything, Firaxis is just wasting my time - again.

Comment

Re: Re: Question about the editor patch?

Originally posted by Coracle
              Currently, if we edit the game (and we should) we can NOT use different maps and mods with those edited values. We have to re-edit every single mod and map. Which is unacceptable.

If Firaxis comes out with scenarios (at LONG last) I expect to be ABLE to use my edited values with all of them, and with the various maps available. If I have to re-edit everything, Firaxis is just wasting my time - again.
              Totally agree!

Comment

Working...
              X