No announcement yet.

Babylonian Settler Magically Appears in Sparta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhh yeah, I don't think that's what he was saying....

Comment

No hoax. I've experienced this several times in 1.17f, with Workers dying, and my units getting promotions for it.

Anyone remember the Civ 1 bug where your city suddenly became as if empty, but the units were there? You had to move the units out of the city, reenter it, and sometimes, you got the message that you captured that city. Civ 1 nostalgia in Civ 3 .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
        Hoax, part of it anyway. Stuie is playing with us about generating GL fighting his own workers.

Good one Stuie!
        I'm serious jt! My Mech Infantry in Dijon was elite, and the workers just kept marching in and dying. Finally Napolean appeared. I figured what the hell, I'll use him to rush an ICBM. Next turn the murderous workers advanced on Lyons with even greater ferocity, only to be gunned down repeatly by another of my astute Mech Infantry units, and then Riechlieu shows up. Of course I didn't save any of the save game files, so I'm waiting until it inevitably happens in my current game to post a save.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Panag, do you use any punctuation besides commas and ellipses?
          Sheesh, it's almost as bad as that L33t guy.
          It occurs to me that english is probably not your first anguage, in which case I will come off as being insensitive. Still though, grammar, like getting to Carnegie Hall, is a matter of practice practice practice.

Comment

MiloMilo

There's also another good thing to learn............how to stay on topic............this, is quite good to know, as well.
            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Sparta Attacks Own Forces

I've never had any Babylonian Settlers in my cities, but I have had the Spartans attack friendly units before.

In one game where I was the Greeks and at war w/ the Romans, I was trying to beef-up Sparta's defenses and I tried to move Radar Artillery into Sparta, but it kept getting attacked. After the second RA died trying to enter Sparta, I just let them fend for themselves.

In my game, Sparta had always been mine--never captured/recaptured.

I don't know exactly how long this was in effect because I didn't try sending any more units into Sparta until after the war was over. My Cavalry unit (which was made by some stupid city during that war instead of MechInfantry) made it into Sparta OK, but I later had trouble disbanding it.

The 'glitch' or 'city pride' or whatever affected Sparta seems to have corrected itself. I had no further troubles during that game trying to move units into Sparta.

This happened pre 1.21f patch
              Last edited by steven8r; May 28, 2002, 17:43.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

The only problem with my workers and settlers, is that they not always change their look when going from middle to industrial age. One turn, they are old style, the next, the new style, and somtimes the icon in the build menu doesn't appear. Weird stuff, did several clean uninstalls and reinstall (on both of my HDs) and still it happens.

Just my 2 cents.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Re: Sparta Attacks Own Forces

Originally posted by steven8r
                  I've never had any Babylonian Settlers in my cities, but I have had the Spartans attack friendly units before.

In one game where I was the Greeks and at war w/ the Romans, I was trying to beef-up Sparta's defenses and I tried to move Radar Artillery into Sparta, but it kept getting attacked. After the second RA died trying to enter Sparta, I just let them fend for themselves.

In my game, Sparta had always been mine--never captured/recaptured.

I don't know exactly how long this was in effect because I didn't try sending any more units into Sparta until after the war was over. My Cavalry unit (which was made by some stupid city during that war instead of MechInfantry) made it into Sparta OK, but I later had trouble disbanding it.

The 'glitch' or 'city pride' or whatever affected Sparta seems to have corrected itself. I had no further troubles during that game trying to move units into Sparta.

This happened pre 1.21f patch
                  hi ,

could the problem be with the artillery unit , just because there is something wrong with its file , .......

not to many problems with lets say spearman , ....

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                  X