Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations?

I'll be receiving my copy of Civ 3 in the next couple of days and there are so many different mods to choose from... So
    I was wondering what are the best mods out there? (graphical, gameplay and maps)
    Im interested in realism (obviously) and better, more realistic warfare.
    Anyone with any suggestions??

Thanks
    Joe

ive been useing snoopies graphics with korns blitz mod and have no complaints. ive also changed the rules a bit to make the civs trade evenly instead of giving each other everything they have to the other ai for a world map.

Comment

If you don't mind, what rules did you tweak to get more even AI trading?
      I'm looking at Korns Blitz mod and it is impressive.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by joepman
        If you don't mind, what rules did you tweak to get more even AI trading?
        I'm looking at Korns Blitz mod and it is impressive.

Joe
        if you go to the "difficulty settings" tab in the edior (when u get it) you can set AI tech values. 100 is supposedly even trading, and i have all mine set at 110. it gives them a bit of an edge but greatly stops "tech whoring".
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Ahh good. I see
          Thanks

Comment

And don't forget to download the latest patch (or whatever is appropriate for you)!!

Comment

The release of the current patch and the upcoming expansion are actually what forced me to get this thing!

Comment

I dont use mods but i do tweak unit settings... cruise missiles capable of being used on subs, increased helicopter transport capacity, things like that just to open up your options during war
                "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Not mods, but editor changes--
                  I also edited AI tech trading to 110. It makes them buy more techs. Depending on your skill level, I would recommend between 110 and 140.

If you don't like much corruption, set slider to 50%. If you like a lot, increase to 80%.

Increase range of artillery/radar art. to 2 tiles. Fast movers can still hit very well and this reflects better range of artillery, rather than catapults.

Also recommend increasing the range of newer sea vessels to about 5 tiles. This makes a navy useful.

Other than that, play a bit. For easier play you might want to either pick a civ with a scout unit, or add scout to the civ you play. By the time explorers come around, the land grab game is over.

Comment

joepman - I reccommend getting to know the ins and outs of the editor - it'll answer a lot of questions you might have, and you'll also be able to start modding yourself...
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                    Odysseus and the March of Time
                    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
                    X