This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor in June?

Does that mean we can buy it, or there will be a patch/download to get?

my guess, patch, but what do i know.
    Just a feeling
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow. If it's a patch, then I'm sure that will detract sharply from the XP sales. Makes me wonder what they're doing...

Comment

I have to laugh at all the suckers who in other threads TELL Firaxis they will buy anything they sell. So of course Firaxis will try to stick it to us. THAT is what Firaxis is doing.

I paid fifty bucks for a flawed, incomplete, beta game last December. I am paying not a cent more.

Oh, if all the stuff that should have come with the game in December will be available as a download I will change my opinion about Firaxis' methods. But don't bet the mortgage on it.

Comment

Try to think of things this way before you criticize them so much. Say you work for a newspaper. They tell you to write an article about something, but it takes longer than everyone thought it would, so they decide to release your article in installments instead of 1 article. Should people complain because they don't get every other newspaper free, when there was supposed to be the entire article? Do you want to be paid for as long as the article lasts?

That's a bad analogy because the severity of the situation for Firaxis is much greater. Millions of dollars are at stake for them

Comment

The additions in the Editor due out in June are designed to tease you into buying the XP, so their theory would be you are more likely to buy the XP, not less. The MP Editor part will not be playable without the XP. You will be able to edit MP stuff.

The one thing it will do is help people decide if they want to get the XP or not, based on the patch. Reasonable marketing strategy anyway. The goal being to peak your interest; of course, if done badly, the opposite effect could happen.

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
              X