Easy Question On Wonders...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Question On Wonders...

I don't have my manual handy as I am at work and I couldn't find it from searching the forums.

What is the differance between building a wonder yourself and taking one over. I've been trying like mad to oust the Sistine Chapel from the Aztecs and unfortunately I can not seem to do it. I've inflated city size to get more shields in and messed with happieness settings but nothing seems to work. So I figured I would just take it in bloody conquest and was curious as to the differances between building and "aquiring" a wonder.

If you acquire it you don't get the cultural bouns.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Easy Question On Wonders...

Originally posted by grapedog
      I don't have my manual handy as I am at work and I couldn't find it from searching the forums.
      kazaa morpheus

bye the xp, ok
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There is a manual PDF bundled with the CD, so, I'd assume that the crack would have it also.

Comment

Well, if I could install file sharing programs such as those I would, but I can't...I can't run radmin either to get stuff off my home PC...so I need to rely on you wonderfull people to get my info while at work...

:

Comment

Tube was correct. You get the special benefit (free Granaries from Pyramids) but you do not get the culture that the wonder would afford to the original builder civ.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You don't get the special abilities of Wonders if you take the city by force, BUT if a city w/ a WOW Culture Flips to you, you do get its abilities.

Happened to me in a game. London ad Sun Tzu's Art of War. They Culture Flipped to me and suddenly all my cities had a Barracks.

--Edit--
              My Bad! I apparently misread the previous replies.

You do get the bennefits of the WOW, but you don't get any Cultural Points for it, whether taken by battle, or Culture Flip.
              Last edited by steven8r; May 28, 2002, 21:30.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X