I miss this feature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss this feature

Okay, I guess I could be suffering from some kind of memory loss. Whether it's shortterm or other is up for speculation.

Anyway, didn't there use to be an option in Civ II to reveal the entire map? I gave my copy of the game to number one son so I can't check it out but I'm sure that option was there. If so, am I also correct in stating that that particular option is not to be found in Civ III? I don't think it's there. If it is, can someone please tell me what key combination to find it. There are so many times that I restart the game where I'd like to see what I am about to miss.
    Frodo lives!

There was a cheat mode in Civ II that could reveal the entire map. Also building the Apollo Program would reveal the entire map.

No such features in Civ III though.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Thats about it though. I can't think of any other feature present in Civ2 that did not make it to Civ3. And we have culture too!

Comment

No simple way to see the whole map, I'm afraid

Comment

If your not using v1.21 then you could always use the multi cheat. Or you could just wait until the Civ multitool is updated.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You know, I just heard about the "multi" cheat today. How does that work? I save with the word "multi" somewhere in the file name? Then what?
            Frodo lives!

Comment

The "multi" cheat was taken out with patch 1.21 If you are playing with 1.17 or below then you can put the word "multi" in the name of the save game file then load the file and the whole map is visible and you can even change opposing civ's production.
              Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Outstanding!!! Thanks. I am playing sans patches so I'll give this a try when I get home tonight.
                Frodo lives!

Comment

something i'd have liked to see in civ3 is a map zoom. yo ucould zoom in/out in SMAC and it was really useful.
                  drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

I miss the useless info screen which told you the casualties suffered by each civ in battle... was useless but also kinda interesting
                    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
                      something i'd have liked to see in civ3 is a map zoom. yo ucould zoom in/out in SMAC and it was really useful.
                      There is a sort-of zoom feature in Civ3 - I think it's Z, toggles zoom out/zoom in
                      Up the Irons!
                      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                      Odysseus and the March of Time
                      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

battle stats

I miss the box in SMAC that showed the properties of both units involved in a battle, although sometimes the fighting was so rapid and brief that it was hard to take it all in before combat finished.

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812

There is a sort-of zoom feature in Civ3 - I think it's Z, toggles zoom out/zoom in
                          That's true, but it would be nice if there were more zoom levels (like in Civ2)

Comment

Bah.

Who needs zoom or a cheat to show all the map? The feature thats most needed from previous civ-ish games is nerve stapling.
                            "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

what is nerve stapling???
                              Up the Irons!
                              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                              Odysseus and the March of Time
                              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
                              X