No announcement yet.

Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egypt doesn't always just expand towards human. It definitely has strong settler diaheria. I blocked its Nothern expansion in last game and Egypt plopped 3 cities out by their lonesome on the other side of the continent.

Germany bad starting position. I don't think it is any worst than rest. The human is always resource challenged if not expanding or conquering. Maybe German AI would change if edited the preferences. It does tend to self destruct by attacking before it has any strength. Normally Germany is just a nation of barbarians. Tells you how ignorant the designers were of Germany. But it's a game. They had to make some mistakes. Just for spite I play Germany often. It is hard though because the UU comes late in the game. Rome is so much easier.

My games take forever, so these are about the only things I have noticed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by planetfall
      ... My games take forever, so these are about the only things I have noticed so far.
      6-12+ weeks?
      My current (1.17) Regent/Huge/Large Continents/16 civs game began on March 3rd. At 1918, there are still 5 major powers and 3-4 minor states, with no clear win in sight (I built UN an NO WAY am I going to allow a vote).

Comment

Re: Is it just me?

Originally posted by bigvic

1. French seem to get hit hard by early barbarians and lose warriors w/ alarming frequency.
        Never noticed.

2. Every AI that does not get its butts kissed by the Iroqois tries to screw them over early.
        I've found the Iroquois to be quite a superpower early on. They seem to expand the most, and have a powerful UU.

3. The Egyptians are always the AI's darling.
        I agree. But towards the player, Cleo is such a b!tch. Maybe I'm overreacting because of that arrogant look on her face as well.

4. Japanese always sneak attack. So do Aztecs. (both mil/rel )
        One would've though the Japanese to be more honourable (since honour is a high priority in their traditions), but this is right. But them and the aztecs aren't the only ones. I've found that every civ has sneak attacked me before (even the French).

5. Early offers to exchange maps often mean you are about to be attacked.
        Looking for the best invasion route. Seems like one of the AI's higher points. I know that I'd be grabbing a map of their regions before attacking them.

6. The only way the AI likes Germany is if its kicking @$$. Seems to like plopping them in resourse poor regions, too.
        From what I've seen, Germany has always been at odds with everyone. As was mentioned above, they sneak attack even if it isn't in their best interests. The Zulu seem to be the same.

7. Aztecs tend to blow their wad early, get big then get smashed.
        Perhaps its the early UU, combined with their militaristic attribute, and high aggression. Other civs likely to do this include Babylon, Persia, and Zululand, though they don't always end up getting smashed big time (in fact I've seen them annihilate everyone in their path).

8. Greeks and Egyptians seem especially prone to "settler diarrhrea", plopping down the most irritatingly intrusive cities on the board, next to me, that is. At least Ido it for a good reason though - to get a crucial resource or luxury.
        The worst cases I've seen of Settler diorrhea were the Americans and Iroquois. But everyone does it (though I hardly see many settlers coming out of Babylon by comparison to others).
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I voted yes

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
            I voted yes

Huh?
            "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Re: Re: Is it just me?

Originally posted by LordAzreal

. . .The worst cases I've seen of Settler diorrhea were the Americans and Iroquois. But everyone does it (though I hardly see many settlers coming out of Babylon by comparison to others).
              Settler Diarrhea. Perhaps the single most annoying asinine part of Civ 3.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Is it just me?

Originally posted by Coracle

Settler Diarrhea. Perhaps the single most annoying asinine part of Civ 3.
                Correct. It would be nice if a bit more thought went into the AI's deployment of settlers and construction of cities. It can't be too hard to prevent the AI from building cities that overlap so much, and cities deep in that useless patch of tundra on the other side of your empire (even when there's no oil there anyway).

Ah well, burn 'em all I say.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                X