Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know you have played CIV 3 too long, when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you have played CIV 3 too long, when....

I remember laughing my a$$ off when I first read this thread in the CIV 2 forum. So, it might be a good idea to start this same thread for CIV 3!

Here's some suggestions:
    You know you've played CIV 3 too long, when:
    -you notice a plastic dustbin and try to convince your friends it's a valuable source of aluminium!
    -you refuse to accept immigrant workers, because they only work half as fast.
    -you start wondering why we are still mining for iron; we can build modern armor nowadays can't we?
    -you tell your friends we should all accept Ghanas diplomatic victory. After all, Kofi Annan is UN's secretary-general.

Feel free to contribute anything creative you can think off!
    "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

To those of you unfamiliar with the previous thread about CIV 2, here's a link.
    "I will not give you a cup of water if you were drowning in the desert!"

Just my favourite CIV-quote. :)

Comment

Wh33n j00 iz so 1337z j00 winz ever33 gamez.

Comment

You insist on building your own roads to shops where you buy stuff that makes you happy, like jewellery shops, bars etc.

Comment

... when you ask your wife/gf for a RoP agreement in her side of the bed.

Comment

You get carpal tunnel syndrome and begin having seizures.
            "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

- you try to turn on the "governor" to manage your household
              - you explore a new neighborhood one step per year, and go to the tops of hills to try to see better
              - you try to trade oregano and manic panic for a fur coat
              - you call up your neighbor and demand money in exchange for not kicking his @$$!
              - the first thing you do when moving into a new home is to build a temple in your backyard, believing it will make your family happier
              - you jump on the train and get mad when you don't arrive at your destination instantaneously
              drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

...you have seen at least 3 of these threads for civ3 already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bella Hella
                  - you try to trade oregano and manic panic for a fur coat
                  - the first thing you do when moving into a new home is to build a temple in your backyard, believing it will make your family happier
                  Uh oh. I'm about to move, and my new roomy & I, both Buddhists, have plans to build a shrine, inside, though. Ya think....
                  "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

1) When your spouse threathens to leave you if don't stop playing CivIII and you reply, "There are still 15years left on our agreement and breaking it will have a negative impact on your standing"

2) You keep watching the news to see the spacecraft leave for Alpha Centari. Afterall we have all of the Modern Era techs to get it done (Yeah right!)

3) You can't find the forbidden place on the map, but you know it has to be somewhere in the West.

Comment

when you have no clean dishes , no clean laundry , and NO TOILET PAPER
                      You cant have any pudding if you dont eat your meat !

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        ...you have seen at least 3 of these threads for civ3 already.
                        no, no no. that means you're on POLY too much, not exactly the same thing

Comment

When you say the wrong thing on a date and look for the autosave load menu.

Comment

...it becomes boring.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

when you use the word "turns" instead of "hours" (i actually did this a few times)
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X