Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions on GoVt/Pacts that i would like answered, pls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redstar
    well i had 6..i also pushed luxury up to 50% at last minute so i guess there is a threshold where there is nothing more you can do ..but make peace.

i also have this thing against luxury spending.
    one of the reasons i like civ3 more than civ2 is because i can get away with NO luxury spending at all (well, not counting war weariness needs)

Yes, there is a point where nothing you do will make a difference, it's either make peace or switch governments. You might try Republic, there's not a big difference between that and Democracy in terms of income, research etc., and there's much less war weariness. Communism and Monarchy have none, though there's some production penalties for both.

Myself, I have no problem with Luxury spending, I typically set it at 20%, whether I need to or not. I find having a number of cities celebrating WLTK day to be worth the expense, and I have to rely on my Governor much less. It's only when War Weariness starts to get bad that I turn him on. And at that point I usually try to make peace ASAP. Waging a long war in Democracy just isn't feasible. Eventually you'll go into Anarchy.

Comment

Working...
    X