One leader per elite unit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One leader per elite unit!

Did you know that you can get only one leader per elite unit?
    Mike B. (Firaxis) confirmed this over at CivFanatics

Interesting, I had that theory, but didn't have it confirmed before.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Well, that will certainly change some of strategy.

thanks for the information.

Comment

So far about the reports of having seen 2 leaders at once. I've heard a couple of them and was ready to believe it, although I haven't seen it yet myself.

Comment

thanks for the info. This is incredibly valuable for my playing style.

Comment

That SUCKS!!!!

I just read the whole CivFanatics thread... I cannot believe that it took this long for this info to come out.

What a pain this will be until a patch comes is released that identifies flagged elites.

At least Mike B. stepped up.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

This changes how I fight wars...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                That SUCKS!!!!

I just read the whole CivFanatics thread... I cannot believe that it took this long for this info to come out.

What a pain this will be until a patch comes is released that identifies flagged elites.

At least Mike B. stepped up.
                yeah, have to pay close attention to that gl producing unit, then put him in an army or send to the front, rather than the mopping up of weakend units.

Comment

Its good to (finally) know this.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I sort of suspected it all along, but I wasn't sure...
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Each unit can produce at most one great leader. Each time a unit is upgraded, however, it can once again produce a great leader. You can have more than one great leader per game but only one at a time.
                      Only one at a time! So saving a leader for a wonder means you can't get a new one until you rush the wonder...

Thanks for bringing this up alexman, this indeed is valuable info.
                      Good = Love, Love = Good
                      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

I think most of us suspected that, but there were reports that people had multiple leaders at the same time, but no proof. Obviously false.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          I think most of us suspected that, but there were reports that people had multiple leaders at the same time, but no proof. Obviously false.
                          Thankfully this has been finally put to rest.

I was just suprised that each unit could only trigger one leader. I wonder what the reasoning was for that. Wish there was a way to keep track of the units that generated them.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                            Wish there was a way to keep track of the units that generated them.
                            you could always keep notepad open to record information like that. you could also write down the story of your game at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

you could always keep notepad open to record information like that. you could also write down the story of your game at the same time
                              Sounds like a great idea. Hmm. If that is my other choice, I will leave that unit behind as a garrison. That way, I will know which one it is, as the rest of the elites are at the front. The problem is, when you have a stack attacking with multiple elite units. How do you know which one is the gl-producer?

My games are really too boring to be made into stories, anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X