X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
    It's a genius compared to Civ2 AI.

And certain posters on this forum too.

Well said. Well said indeed. There are few things more annoying than a broken record.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I've seen it too.

I have seen it a few times where the AI moves units out of a city I am laying into, but never by ship.

For example, last night I am playing as the Americans and am humbling Russia. I have a spy so I check out the forces of a town I have been hitting for a few turns...unsuccessfully, I might add.

According to my spy there are 5 infantry units and 2 artillery. So, I roll in a couple of newly created tanks to prepare for attack on the next turn. During the AI's turn, I watch as they move 3 infantry units out of the city. They don't move together, each one goes in a seperate direction leaving each one unprotected. There were no settlers moving with them. I check the city with my spy again and sure enough, only 2 infantry and artillery units left. So I pick off the lone infantry men with my own infantry and roll the city with my tanks.

It seemed like the AI just gave up.

Comment

Its a good practise to fall back from weak positions to make a tough defensive line.. or front line. It makes it a bit too easy to capture a city though if all the population are removed, maybe the AI should just abandon cities like this to not leave its enemy anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
          Its a good practise to fall back from weak positions to make a tough defensive line.. or front line. It makes it a bit too easy to capture a city though if all the population are removed, maybe the AI should just abandon cities like this to not leave its enemy anything.
          Uh, ohhhh!

IF the AI already can evacuate cities,
          AND with 1.21 cities can be 'disbanded'
          THEN
          Next thing you know, when an AI metropolis has been ground to a town and you have your whole army ready to strike it, the AI will evacuate it and disband it!!

How would THAT be for a shocker!
          I do hope that the AI knows to disband it AFTER it has moved all of its units.

JB

Comment

very good if that was the intent

Comment

the AI has the insider knowledge that it can leave the city and get it back in revolt a few turns later.

Comment

AI's not smart enough to think of a few turns later...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yes it is good practice-And a human player does it quite well-ie.-fighting a rearguard action while the main body of the army retreats to more defensable positions and digs in.

The AI however could never be expected to think like this and therefore apperantly botches the attempt.
                  The AI should stay where it is (in a highly defensable position like a city)since its too stupid to defend its retreating army.

I personally have never seen the AI do this but if they ever do I assure you I will be quite happy that they just made my job easier.
                  Die-Bin Laden-die

Comment

Tonight, I fell back from a German city that I had captured... and I purposefully did NOT abandon it, so that enemy forces would be held up trying to defend it and quell resistance.

It worked quite well; several turns later, after healing on a mountain, I retook the city, and succesfully invested it with defenders.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                    X