New Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Music!

Anybody tryed swaping the music files around!?

I swaped the 'modern' techno thingy for the imperial march from starwars! Its pritty cool invading some place with that music playing!
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

How bout the theme music from the terminator??
    "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

lol, i havn't downloading it, but, whatever rocks your boat!

I think the directory is (Civ3 directory)\sound\music\indmodern.
      That was an overal gess!

Comment

don't u mean (Civ3 directory)\Sounds\build\IndModern?

The music that's played in Phantom Menace in the duel between Darth Maul and Liam Neeson's character'd be cool as well. Anyone know what that's called?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Do you need to replace one of the existing music - or can you just add it in and the game will play the original + the new one?
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Duel of the Fates.

I dunno, would any of that music fit in with the atmosphere of Civ3? When playing, I like my music to complement the atmosphere, rather than just be good music or whatever.
            I think the original Civ3 music fits nicely, myself.
            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Perhaps the atmosphere is created by the music - i imagine you'd be a lot more inclined to go to war with the Imperial March playing in your headphones!
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

I guess you could say so. But then again, I don't want a Star Wars atmosphere in Civ3. Generally, when playing historical strategy (Civ, AOE), I like to use classical or ethnic music. For more war-ish games (RA2, FPSs in MP), I like fast action rock/techno. For future/hi-tech games (SMAC, C&C TS) I like ambient, soft, spacy-sounding music. Mood is important to me, and to me Star WArs music belongs in one place: the Star Wars universe
                I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Originally posted by SwitchMoO
                  I guess you could say so. But then again, I don't want a Star Wars atmosphere in Civ3. Generally, when playing historical strategy (Civ, AOE), I like to use classical or ethnic music. For more war-ish games (RA2, FPSs in MP), I like fast action rock/techno. For future/hi-tech games (SMAC, C&C TS) I like ambient, soft, spacy-sounding music. Mood is important to me, and to me Star WArs music belongs in one place: the Star Wars universe
                  Well, I just can´t wait until the giant Star Wars mod is finished, however it seems to take forever for the ppl to get it done... No complaints though, it must be a massive project. And then we could all play Civ-Star Wars! With music and all... Tomorrow's the premiere for Episode II here in Sweden by the way.

Comment

same here - Ewan McGregor's gonna be at the Scottish premier in
                    Edinburgh.
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Changing the music around like that is a MUST for me. I just don't see the sense in Kenny G elevator music while my modern armours are rolling into a battered enemy city.

I like to use music from C&C, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun and Half-Life in Industrial and modern eras.

If I feel like changing ancient era music, music from Age of Empires also goes in.
                      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I swaped imperial march with the dance music, cuz i just find it plain annoying. And i didn't choose the imperial march cuz its from star wars, i picked it cuz its sounds like a national anthem for some empire! (Bit obveass isn't it!)

Comment

Working...
                        X