talking leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• talking leaders

If you watch the commercial demo at the official civ3 site, guess what you see? Talking leaders!

What do you think the reason has been to leave them out? Would have been fun, though!

Expansion pack?
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Would've been good. But after a while, I'd get annoyed with them. Especially if the voices are annoying from the start.
      "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
      "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Unless they were like the advisors from Civ2. Too bad Firaxis decided to use boring animated pics of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by The Eliminator
          Unless they were like the advisors from Civ2. Too bad Firaxis decided to use boring animated pics of themselves.
          they're animated?
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Now that I think about it, I don't think voices would work too well ... sometimes the faces are kind of freaky to me ... wouldn't want voices too ...
            Good = Love, Love = Good
            Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

It´s a real pity that the council was leaved out from Civ II however. Hearing what your advisors wanted to say what always so fun! But then you always had the choice to contact them, with foreign leaders sometimes you MUST contact them, and then it might be just annoying.

Comment

I was really disappointed when I found out that noone in the game spoke. While the leader heads are ok, different voices would do much more to give the different leaders personalities. Now they all work the same way - have the same agenda and use the same phrases. A simple "turn off speech" would be handy when you get tired of the leader voices.

And of course, if they were moddable, what strange voices wouldn´t we get

Comment

Working...
                X