Ihmo=Collusus=Recycled Statue of Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ihmo=Collusus=Recycled Statue of Liberty

the collosus just looks so stupid, nothing like the wonder picutre, and it has the position of the S(tatue)O(f)L(iberty) and the way it holds the flame thingy, and it doesnt straddle the river like the collusus, and a theory formed. The collosus (imho) is just a recycled SoL!!! :0 [gasp]
    They had a leftover bit of SoL so they just made the collosus out of it!!!
    btw this isnt a too serious thread, just nitpicking wonder art!
    Just my 2p.
    Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
    Which shows you learn something every day.
    formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Nitpicking aside (), the Colossus is one of the 7 great wonders of the world in Rhodes...

That would make the Statue of Liberty a recycled Colossus.

Comment

Heh, I had the same thought, Trip.

By the way, the theory that the Colossus straddled the harbor is most likely incorrect. That would have required it to be absolutely enormous - much larger than the best sources suggest.

IIRC, the descriptions of the Colossus from ancient times indicate that the bronze statue was holding a torch in one hand and a spear in the other. Isn't that what the Colossus in the game is holding?

If I was gonna nitpick, I'd go with the generic city art - a modern city, size 30, looks like a village.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

civ 2 cities looked like a village as well tho
        and there was no skyscrpers

i didnt know that: "the descriptions of the Colossus from ancient times indicate that the bronze statue was holding a torch in one hand and a spear in the other"
        you learn something everyday
        Just my 2p.
        Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
        Which shows you learn something every day.
        formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
        X