linux again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux again

Does anyone know if there will be a Linux version of Civ3 in the future?
    ....if not: does anyone know a way to play civ3 windows version on a linux system? (wine suxx sooo much)
    FreeCiv rulez!

Well, Civ3 requires DirectX. I don't think unix or linux supports this. You might get away with Civ2
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

AFAIK, there are no plans for a Linux port. However, the other emulator is better than Wine, forgot the name right now... Civ 3 is something way too complex for Wine.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Current state of how well Civ3 works under WineX:

This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I don't know if it runs under VMWare+Win98, but it's definitely worth a try. VMWare is available as free 30 days test version, so if it doesn't work, at least it was gratis.

Comment

Working...
          X