River/Aquaduct Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River/Aquaduct Bug?

It is the second time I've noticed this thing.

On Marla's Earth map, playing the Babylonians, it seems that rivers don't grant a free aquaduct. At least not in Iraq...

The city in the picture named Enoch is located firmly on a river, but still has to build an aquaduct.

Also, for some reason the squares around the city could not be irrigated. I had to irrigate from two tiles north west of the city.

I looked at the map in the editor, but everything seems to be in order.

Any ideas?

-Alech
    Attached Files
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

I had the same problem with a map I made once... though I'd bet if Enoch were built on the other side of one of those rivers, it would be ok. Right-click on the surrounding squares... those with the river bonus will have +1 trade.

I don't understand why it happens, sorry.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It is probably a bug. A user-created maps bug.
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Right-click on the surrounding squares... those with the river bonus will have +1 trade.
        Dead on!

A good deal of the squares surrounding river, esp. when multiple rivers touch the same square, are not classed as river, and give no bonus to trade...

-Alech
        "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

I have never had that problem. How is the food supply? In that photo you don't have the wheat or the flood plains irrigated. But you have the plains irrigated. Could it be that you are not using the surrounding area good enough? Just a thought. It's a shame I can't click on your pic and zoom in to the city
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's not a problem with food.

Here is a closer look. I can build an aqueduct, but I'm not supposed to...

-Alech
            Attached Files

Comment

Isn't there a bug somewhere that made the no aquaduct thing only available with flood plains.
              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Heh, well this city is on flood plains...

Comment

Naah I'm pretty certain I've seen cities on all grassland grow above 6 without aqueducts.

Comment

I've noticed this bug too, a few months ago on Marla's, but also on other user created maps. I reported it in one of Marla's threads, but there seems to be nothing wrong from her side. Must be an editor bug.

Comment

Probably not the reason, but just maybe, since it only happens where two rivers are ...

Maybe each tile has a toggle: River or No River ... and maybe the first river toggles the tile, saying "yes it is a river", and then the second river toggles the tile, intending to say "yes it is a river", but since the toggle is already on, it switches it off instead.

Probably not correct, but since some are saying it happens between rivers only, made me think of it.
                      Good = Love, Love = Good
                      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Yes, but why only user created maps are this way? I never noticed this bug at random maps.

Comment

My theory for that is its a cunning plot by INCAN SECRET AGENTS to mess with custom map users.
                          Good = Love, Love = Good
                          Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by nato
                            My theory for that is its a cunning plot by INCAN SECRET AGENTS to mess with custom map users.
                            That's what my money is on.

I think it's a "two river bug"... And I think it might occur on random maps to. But, I've never seen two rivers so close on one.

-Alech

Comment

It was a bug with the editor before 1.17f that made rivers not set to be on all of the tiles next to it, and maps created before 1.17f will have that problem.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X