what's a great score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a great score?

Just curious, if playing for higher scores.

What number ranges are
    bad
    fair
    good
    great
    exceptional

Assumptions: standard map size.

thanks

Re: what's a great score?

Originally posted by planetfall
    Just curious, if playing for higher scores.

What number ranges are
    bad
    fair
    good
    great
    exceptional

Assumptions: standard map size.

thanks
    Depends on what difficulty level you are playing at.

1000 would be good on Chieftain.
    3000 on Warlord.
    On Diety somebody says they will have a score of 35000 or so.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

35,000 is extraordinary. Very, very.

4000 to 6000 are good scores.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That isn't my claim that is someone else's. I can't remember which thread it was in I'll see if I can find it.

Comment

Score is multiplied by difficulty level. Starting conditions and the percentage of land vs. water are also huge factors. Because of all these factors, it is hard to compare scores when playing games in isolation. Tourney games or the Game of the Month on Civfanatics are a good way to compare oranges to oranges.

That gives me a chance to plug the May tourney game:

I figure a score over 2000 is a "good" score for the May game (Regent level as Chinese on a Standard size map). However, a top flight player such as Aeson or SirPleb might get 10k, if they set their mind to it and milk the game for score. (Milking the game usually involves expanding very fast early, then continuing until 2050 to run up the score.)

For the April Apolyton game, the top scores were in the 4000+ range, Monarch level on a Standard size map. On Civfanatics, the top April scores were in the 8000+ range, Warlord level on a large map.

I invite everyone to play the May Apolyton game. It is one of the best ways to learn how to play the game, because other players can tell you how they overcame certain obstacles or handled certain situations. It is also a good way to compare yourself to other players.

Comment

A good score is when that barbarian warrior guy hits that thing and it goes real high.
            "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Are those games, maps still availlable btw??
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thank you all for your information.

Chin's idea of playing a game of the month might be interesting for later. civing too much and now have to pay the piper.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                  Are those games, maps still availlable btw??
                  The April game is at:

Top score is nbarclay, Domination victory, 1380 AD, 4716

The April Civfanatics game can be found in the archives under:

Top score is Cartouche Bee, Cultural victory in 2050 AD with 8967

Mind you, the Apolyton game had six active participants and the Civfanatics game, 165 submissions, so the competition is much stiffer over there.

Again, a plug for the May Apolyton game, it is a fun one:

Comment

Aeson is posting a 65k score for CivFanatics HOF (Diety, Huge/large/pangea, I assume). But that is indeed exceptional. My best ever was 5950 (Monarch, Standard, Normal, Continents).

There doesn't seem to be any modifier for map size, so larger maps will generate better scores.

Hmm... may have check out the tournament game...

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I heard that something like around 10,000 is the record as of now. That was at Infogames - 9867 or something like that.
                      That's the score someone would have to beat to be supreme commander leader eimperor extraordinaire.

Over 10,000, I guess.

Comment

My best is 6,545 on diety...darn russians

Comment

Sir Pleb has got a score of 34,000 on diety. Aeson got 42,000 but lost or something?? Not sure about that one.
                          Then both went back to raising their scores. I read that Aeson recently completed his monster game. 65K is what Arrian says.

I'm sure SirPleb will come back with a similar score. Its almost funny to think that those diety scores are so high but where are all the emeperor scores? Never hear of anybody even getting 20,000?
                          I AM GOD

Comment

My best so far is 3200 on Warlord. Haven't finished a Regent game yet.

Comment

My high is 9009 on Monarch. Domination victory. It would've been higher if i had milked it, don't know how much, probably was in the early 1900's when won, so significant time to milk left. will wait to do that until i get on deity.

Comment

Working...
                              X