Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kamakazie Air Units

... for lack of a better term.

i'm not talking the japanese UU (although if they added 1 more per civ i'd like that one), i just want the ability to bush a button, and have any aircrafts' range double, but they die in the attack.

maybe you even make the plane do damage itself, for example have a fighter double it's range and bomb / crash into a terrain square. that way you can take out the railroads with the bombs and the roads with the plane
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

With the editor you can make a Kamakazie unit with the game with the editor, at least I am pretty sure that you can.
    Donate to the American Red Cross.
    Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Just give the aircraft in question the Cruise Missile flag: they die on a bombing run. But you can't have an aircraft that has the option in-game of doing either, i'm afraid.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

yes, i'd really like to have an in game flag.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

That's not what I meant. You said you wanted to press a button and turn an aircraft into kamikaze unit. Well, you can't do that. However, you can have an actual kamikaze aircraft that does only that. I was just trying to help - there's no need for the sarcasm.
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
            That's not what I meant. You said you wanted to press a button and turn an aircraft into kamikaze unit. Well, you can't do that. However, you can have an actual kamikaze aircraft that does only that. I was just trying to help - there's no need for the sarcasm.
            oh i sorry if you took it like that, i misread your post and i thought you weren't sure what i wanted, i was clarifying, no sarcasm.

sorry

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
              I didn't think he was being sarcastic either. And UberKrux is good at being sarcastic.
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I didn't think he was being sarcastic either. And UberKrux is good at being sarcastic.
                danke

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                  yes, i'd really like to have an in game flag.
                  There are a lot of things that could have been included in the game, but weren't. I think more development time would have allowed for a much deeper game that didn't have to rely so much on patches. I would have much preferred a later release date and a much more complex and deep game. However, I just hope that releasing on time inside a budgeted schedule isn't such a factor for Civ IV as it was for III... it's very noticeable.

Comment

What's the status on Gramphos' copy tool vis a vis 1.21? Almost got it before 1.21, but decided to wait. You could make some seriously cool mods, w/ more than one UU, thiugh no art work, though there is also some kind of tool for that too, though it looks kind of scary. Hell I already spend too much time playing this thing, much less yacking about it on this forum!
                    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

That would be useful. Or an optional free upgrade to a kamikaze would probably be the next best option.
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                      X