No announcement yet.

Do fast units retreat anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's theoretically possible to put 100 percent for all and undo the change, but that is unbalancing.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
      if yo're not happy with the withdraw percentages, you can change them in the editor. I can't remember what they are originally off the top of my head, but I have mine tweaked a little bit. moved elites up to 75% and vets to 66% withdraw
      Oh that IS in the editor? Cool. I'll have to check that out. Thanks. Under units?
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Under Experience levels, for this is experience dependant.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by bigvic
          Still can't remember seeing any. Playing Iroqois, whose monted warriors actually have a 3 move w/my mod, can't remember a single retreat. Is there any way to affect this in editor? Anyone privy to the actual math of the thing?
          Are you attacking or defending with the MW.

If you are attacking, they don't retreat back a square, they just break off combat and stay in the same square. If defending they will retreat one square.
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Something simliar happened to me:

At first when I modded, I was hesitant to overwrite the civ3mod, so I made it a scenario. but the scenario bic's dont change with the patches like the civ3mod does. I first realised this when my mod still had +1 food for game, which got increased to 2 in a patch but it did not apply to the scenario. Same thing with retreat bonus. In a scenario, they all default to 0. So no retreats. And then I decided, right after 1.21, that overwriting the civ3mod would save me time, and I didnt want the original rules anyway. So the 0-retreat got saved over the civ3mod. But since then I have decided it is better this way, as fast attackers still have the advantage of greater movement.

So could something like this have happened to your civ3mod? Because the only reason this should be happening is if retreat is set to 0.
            The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

if the unit has a movement point left to escape with..it will.

I can only think of 2 times when one of my tanks failed to escape when i expected it to.

And i have done zillions of new patch attacks now.

so that may be coupled with the elite thing..i'm not sure as all my units are always superior to the defenders (usually because the defenders have already been weakened by artillery or bombers.)

/...just my cent and a halfs worth )

Comment

Yes, they still retreat with 1.21. Just saw some impis do it.

How often compared to 1.17 I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by simwiz2
                  Something simliar happened to me:

At first when I modded, I was hesitant to overwrite the civ3mod, so I made it a scenario. but the scenario bic's dont change with the patches like the civ3mod does. I first realised this when my mod still had +1 food for game, which got increased to 2 in a patch but it did not apply to the scenario. Same thing with retreat bonus. In a scenario, they all default to 0. So no retreats. And then I decided, right after 1.21, that overwriting the civ3mod would save me time, and I didnt want the original rules anyway. So the 0-retreat got saved over the civ3mod. But since then I have decided it is better this way, as fast attackers still have the advantage of greater movement.

So could something like this have happened to your civ3mod? Because the only reason this should be happening is if retreat is set to 0.
                  Thanks, to you and everyone else. About to go monkey around in scenario editor after i check around the forum.
                  "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Yeah, I had the same thing happen. Playing a custom mod, when I patched to 1.21f it defaulted all of those percentages to 0 instead of 34/50/58/66, so no mounted units retreated. Of course, I didn't realize this until my Riders got ripped apart. So, I had to go back through every .bic file I had and change the things altered in the patch. Kinda painful.

And in my mod, I added 1 commerce to Game (making them 1 food 1 commerce), so I didn't want to upgrade to 2 food when they patched.

Comment

Working...
                    X