No announcement yet.

Later Era Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they should do anything radical like implement modern units in ancient times. Then I want bribery back
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

in my next game i'm going to set the barbarians up with musketeers. it should make the whole game more interesting.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        in my next game i'm going to set the barbarians up with musketeers. it should make the whole game more interesting.
        That may be a way to cheat or exploit on a higher level: play on hordes, with a cavs or marines as barbs. start on an island, with one or two encampments, which you can destroy by planting a city there. the AIs won't be able to handle it at all, will keep them retarded, so that you can swoop in.

Comment

No.

I attacked the civ I shared my continent with, with a massive tank swarm (about 100 tanks). To make life easy for me I razed 90% of the cities, which left a lot of available land. 3 turns later when I went to fill in the gaps with my settlers some barbs had set up camp. My tanks did not have much trouble with the single warrior in each camp. I miss the late game barb (muskets and cannons) that attacked in Civ2.

IMO most parts of Civ3 are improved, but Barbarians were a lot better in Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
            No.

I attacked the civ I shared my continent with, with a massive tank swarm (about 100 tanks). To make life easy for me I razed 90% of the cities, which left a lot of available land. 3 turns later when I went to fill in the gaps with my settlers some barbs had set up camp. My tanks did not have much trouble with the single warrior in each camp. I miss the late game barb (muskets and cannons) that attacked in Civ2.

IMO most parts of Civ3 are improved, but Barbarians were a lot better in Civ2

was this in response to my post? I was talking about having cavs as the barbs, not warriors. Of course tanks won't have a problem with constcript warriors. And I was talking about an early game scenario, not a mopping up situation.

Comment

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton could be the leaders of the barbarians we could nickname them...dumb and dumber.

Comment

Or, you could take both those names, since they both seem to apply.
                Lime roots and treachery!
                "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

was this in response to my post? I was talking about having cavs as the barbs, not warriors. Of course tanks won't have a problem with constcript warriors. And I was talking about an early game scenario, not a mopping up situation.
                  Sorry I was answering the original question, not respoding to your post.

Okay now I read your post and will respond.

I think your right. However with the AI set to expand rapidly, the AI might accidentally set a city down in the right spot too.

You could really take this idea to the extreme. Give Barbs modern armor to start with and place all of the civs on large continents. Place your civ on a small island and you may be able to get a very fast victory. That would be very boring, but your Hall of Fame would look great!

Comment

Originally posted by louiethelesbo
                    Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton could be the leaders of the barbarians we could nickname them...dumb and dumber.
                    Indeed. Two dirtbags.

BTW, I always turn off barbarians.

Comment

Originally posted by louiethelesbo

Instead of attacking your civ, they'll play the race card (since all your military units are white men), then do a massive government shake-down to get you to be their political pawn. At which point you lose the game.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

"BARBARIANS USE NUCLEAR WEAPONS"

boom.

Sounds like fun. Sounds like Terrorism. I think I might change all barabarian units to nukes.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr

boom.

Sounds like fun. Sounds like Terrorism. I think I might change all barabarian units to nukes.
                          could you only have them as tactical? Could be interesting, if a lot of the land is covered in polution in early times.

Comment

boom.

could you only have them as tactical? Could be interesting, if a lot of the land is covered in polution in early times.

It would be a nuisance with a barbarian encampment near your capitol though.

Comment

boom.

It would be a nuisance with a barbarian encampment near your capitol though.
                              hi ,

some guy has tried this , and it works , .....even the barbarians aint dumb , and as for their naval unit , make it a sub , ...

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X