Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Civ3 sales compare to Civ2 sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do Civ3 sales compare to Civ2 sales?

Has Civ3 been a market failure in comparison to Civ2. Is it selling a lot less? Anybody have the data?

No comment.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

At least tell me what you mean by that...

Comment

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

For some reason I don't see our Firaxian Ambassador giving to much away .
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

ok here is what we know

according to activision
            both smac and ctp sold around 500k copies

we also know that smac spent 4 weeks in the NPD top ten chart

when civ3 first came out it was the #1 and #2 selling game for the first week and then it spent over twice as long in the top ten as what SMAC did

as far as what civ2 did, the only information i know is that before civ3 the Civ franchise had sold 4 million games

now which games were included in that number is a mystery

low end civ1, civ2
            high end civ1, civnet, civ2, all civ2 expansion packs, civ2:mge, civ:tot, civ:ctp, smac, and all of the console versions of civ

you can buy the information from NPD but it costs like 5,000 dollars i've heard for a report

Comment

Originally posted by korn469

you can buy the information from NPD but it costs like 5,000 dollars i've heard for a report
              What/ who is NPD? Maybe Markos will chip in the 5 grand for the stats.

Comment

The exchange I mimicked was from the chat.

No comment.

No comment.

No comment.

'OK. If there is something major in the works, just say 'No comment.'

What Jeff did say is that 'they are very happy.'

Firaxis ambassador?
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

I have now figured out why the members of Firaxis' staff don't post here much. Markos and Ming regard 'no comment' as spam and send them to Mingapulco.

Comment

The NPD Group is an innovative global market information company that leading manufacturers, retailers, resellers, distributors and operators turn to for essential market information across a broad range of industries. As the gold standard for measuring product movement and consumer behavior in each industry tracked, NPD offers unparalleled information for better business decisions. Clients use this business-critical insight to uncover market opportunities, to strengthen channel relationships and to benchmark industry performance.
                    The NPD Group clients encompass more than 1,000 manufacturers and operators, including many Fortune 500 companies, representing a wide span of industries. NPD clients include Dell, General Electric, Intel, Levi Strauss & Co., Mattel, Nike, Sony, Unilever, VF Corporation, Warner Brothers and many others. Its retail partnerships cover more than 400 retailers worldwide.

Since 1967 The NPD Group has demonstrated leadership and innovation wtih numerous industry firsts, including the introduction of industry tracking in markets beyond packaged goods. Its new flagship brands, the NPD Worlds, continue The NPD Group's tradition of leveraging the latest technologies to deliver essential market information.

Through a network of worldwide offices and via partnerships with leading international information providers, The NPD Group offers its clients access to industry-specific market information in more than 60 countries around the world. The NPD Group is headquartered in Port Washington, New York and has offices and affiliates in Chicago, Greensboro, Houston, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Nuremberg, Paris, Reston, Tokyo and Toronto. The firm employs 800 employees worldwide.
                    Circana offers clarity from complexity. Dive deep into consumer behaviors & trends across industries. Optimize decisions & inspire action.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469

www.npd.com
                      Thanks Korn, that's pretty cool. too bad its a little pricey for the curious individual, at least for this curious individual.

Comment

no problem

hehe if i had a trust fund i'd get the information for us but sadly i'm lower middle class

Comment

Who is the Firaxian ambassador.

Thanks for what stats we did get.

I can't see paying for the report.

Comment

NotYouEither is the Firaxian ambassador.

Comment

If they'd sold a lot of copies, they'd br telling everyone about it. They're not saying anything. Therefore...

Comment

Working...
                              X