Auto-Raze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-Raze

Any idea why you somtimes have an option to raze, or install a new governer, and somtimes it'll just raze giving you no choice.
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Generally, Size 1 towns are automatically razed (unless they are the capital) and I'm guessing that wonders also play a part there.

Any city above size 1 gives you the options.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I believe it is size 1 towns with NO culture are automatically razed. I am not sure whether there is a higher limit. some have said that you have to wait for the 1st border expansion (10cp), otherwise it will be razed. Higher sizes always give options, as LordAzreal said.
      Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
      Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
      Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
      Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

It's not the first border expansion, i can tell you that. I've got some of the enemys citys that havn't expanded to 10cp
        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Cities of size 1 and without culture are razed.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ya know, the point here is...we should be able to disable that. What if I want to keep every town I seize, regardless of size?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Maybe this would encourage early conquest too much? (IIRC, this feature was in v1.07f and disabled later.)
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                Maybe this would encourage early conquest too much? (IIRC, this feature was in v1.07f and disabled later.)
                Perhaps, but why not give the player the choice of whether or not to enable or disable that feature? Isn't Firaxis all about giving us options?
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It was disabled to prevent an exploit: following AI settlers with military units and getting free cities.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I agree with Solver. That is the reasoning behind the feature, which is, as Solver described it before.
                    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                      Ya know, the point here is...we should be able to disable that. What if I want to keep every town I seize, regardless of size?
                      Every time you take over a city, it knocks off 1 population point, thus knocking 1 pop.point off a size-1 city will destroy it. This is to simulate the destruction wreaked by an invading army - there's gonna be some damage. Makes sense to me.
                      Up the Irons!
                      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                      Odysseus and the March of Time
                      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                        Every time you take over a city, it knocks off 1 population point, thus knocking 1 pop.point off a size-1 city will destroy it.
                        You're talking about Civ2?
                        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

You what? Obviously I'm talking about civ3.
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                          Odysseus and the March of Time
                          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

That's not how it works in civ3...

Civ2, yeah, but not civ3

Comment

As far as I know (and I may be wrong), city population is not affected by conquest in Civ3, and you have the option to keep a city if it is either at least size 2 or already has produced culture.

EDIT: thanks, ixnay

Comment

Working...
                              X