Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know, I hadn't noticed it till now but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know, I hadn't noticed it till now but...

Civ3 has no swamps. This is kinda mind boggling here, what happened to all of them? Was scrolling through terrain looking for something and I noticed that. Wonder if they just thought it the same as another terrain, or if someone on the Civ3 team just had a thing against swamps.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Jungle.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That about says it all, I think NYE.
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Can't say I miss them, they took FOREVER to drain.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Jungle = Swamp?

Yes, the vast swamps of the Amazon are hard to cultivate.
          More terrain = better game.

-FMK.

Comment

For those deficient in geography, swamps are NOT in reality jungles. They are different in numerous ways. Go look it up in basic geo.

One of the terrain problems with Civ 3 is that there is only one kind of hill. What about hills in deserts? In jungles? But they are all treated as though they were hills in France - nice and green and producing some food. Unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
              For those deficient in geography, swamps are NOT in reality jungles. They are different in numerous ways. Go look it up in basic geo.

One of the terrain problems with Civ 3 is that there is only one kind of hill. What about hills in deserts? In jungles? But they are all treated as though they were hills in France - nice and green and producing some food. Unrealistic.
              CTP had different hills, hills in desert, hills in tundra, But they all produced the same.

Comment

What do you NEED a swamp for anyway?

Comment

It isn't really needed, I just thought it was odd they didn't put it in. I mean adding swamps couldn't be that difficult. If theres anything that Civ3 is lacking its nerve stapling. Teach them rioters whos boss.
                  "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

What's the point with swamps? They produced the same 1 measly food that jungle squares do.

What they shouldn't have ditched was the bananas you could find in the jungles.
                    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

While swamps weren't absolutly needed, it's would not have been bad to have more variety.
                      And it would have made another terrain tile for modder and for ressources distribution.
                      Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
                        What they shouldn't have ditched was the bananas you could find in the jungles.
                        How true. That's an offense against Apolyton. Firaxis, we hate you for this

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                          For those who are unable to think abstract:

Jungle produces 1 food and gets terraformed in grassland.
                          Swamp produces 1 food and gets terraformed in grassland.

So what's the point to have both? Just for adding more graphics? This complaint is the same as if somebody would say "FIRAXIS, why are the dark squares on my chessboard brown and not black!"

Comment

Working...
                          X