Era suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Era suggestions

This may be inconsequential to many Civers, and might be impossible to implement, but I thought that they should expand the number of eras in Civ3 and their effect on the civs. This could make choosing a particular civ even more vital.

I think there should be more eras:

Ancient
    Classical
    Medieval
    Renaissance
    Industrial
    Modern
    Nano (or some future thing).

In addition, different civs get a science boost in different eras:

Ancient: Egypt, Babylon, Aztec, Zulu
    Classical: Greece, Rome, India
    Medieval: Persia, China
    Renaissance: France, England
    Industrial: Germany, Russia
    Modern: America, Japan
    Nano: Everyone equal

This could also be coupled by tech penalties on other civs (like European ones during the middle ages). This could be a way fo simulating the rise and fall, ebb and flow of societies.

Just an idea...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Renaissance: France, England
    Err didn't the industrial revolution start in England ???

I think Era's do add to the interest of the game .. But I think the graphics should be updated per advance .. not per era .. that would be nice! ..
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by The Viceroy

Err didn't the industrial revolution start in England ???

I think Era's do add to the interest of the game .. But I think the graphics should be updated per advance .. not per era .. that would be nice! ..
      Yeah...but couldn't think of another Civ that should be Renaissance, and don't think France should get it all alone (Italy is out even though that is where the Renaissance began!)
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Here's what I think.

Ancient
        Classical
        Middle-Ages
        Imperial Age
        Industrial
        Modern
        Near Future (Digital maybe)
        Distant Future (Nano maybe)
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by LordAzreal
          Here's what I think.

Ancient
          Classical
          Middle-Ages
          Imperial Age
          Industrial
          Modern
          Near Future (Digital maybe)
          Distant Future (Nano maybe)
          Hmm...sounds rather...Empire Earthy...lol
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

No, Imperial Age!

The Enlightenment or Age of Reason... encompasses the baroque, absolutism, the scientific revolution, the philosophes, and the French Revolution/Napoleonic era.

The Age of Imperialism is actually from 1870 to 1914, and that's the Industrial Age, so dump it. If Imperial Age refers to that era of the 1500s, 1600s, and 1700s, this whole era is encompassed in the Enlightenment and the Renaissance.
            Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Yeah, I view the Imperial Age as a sub-age of the Industrial age. Of course, we could just break the era's down into sub ages, too! Go crazy!
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
                No, Imperial Age!

The Enlightenment or Age of Reason... encompasses the baroque, absolutism, the scientific revolution, the philosophes, and the French Revolution/Napoleonic era.

The Age of Imperialism is actually from 1870 to 1914, and that's the Industrial Age, so dump it. If Imperial Age refers to that era of the 1500s, 1600s, and 1700s, this whole era is encompassed in the Enlightenment and the Renaissance.
                Hmmm... you're right. Renaissance should be in instead of Imperial Age.

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Hmm...sounds rather...Empire Earthy...lol
                I know, but I kinda like the Empire Earth system of epochs (excepting of course the lack of an Iron Age).
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

nah, no more eras, no more bonuses

Comment

anyway, tech whoring would eat up those advantages LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X