No announcement yet.

Whats the best patch to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever makes you happy (1.21 here), but please don't whine.
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
      Whatever makes you happy (1.21 here), but please don't whine.
      I just don't whine...I usually Chardonnay or at least Cabernet Sauvignon. Geesh!!

Comment

1.21 is good. It does slow it down a bit, but you can deactivate the auto-save and it speeds back up.

Ignore Coracle, he has nothing useful to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
          Civ 2 is a MAJOR CLASSIC in computer war gaming history.

It remains much moe fun than Civ 3, and you can even build scenarios, and you have a cheat mode. You have real diplomats, real spying, a cruiser unit, more techs, and no stupid Culture Flipping, no AI settler land-grabbing or other crap as in Civ 3.

Civ 2 rules. Forever.
          I think I begin to see the source of your issue. You want a war game. Civ3 is a game where one builds a _civilization_. Period. War is a part of that, and so is culture. The great irony is that this whole time I thought you were complaining that cities were flipping _to you_. Now I see that you cannot play the game well enough to prevent cities from leaving your empire...

It would take a really low person to point out that this actualy moddels real life quite well. A civilization that is so bent on conquest that it neglects the culture of its people should not be surpized when the people leave the empire. Only a compleat jerk would point out here that this is exactly what happened to Sparta as a result of Epaminodas marching through their territory, or more recently, the soviet union colapsing and Georgia, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithiwania, Chechnia, etc. That person would also be a jerk to mention that this is just what happened to America: It was producing one hell of a lot of money, and little of it was getting back to England (corruption). Their (american) culture was also being pulled by other cultural factors, and flipped...

But again, I am not jerk enough to point this out...
          Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

Originally posted by dunk999
            1.21 is good. It does slow it down a bit, but you can deactivate the auto-save and it speeds back up.

Ignore Coracle, he has nothing useful to say.
            Do you mean back to same speed as 1.17 with auto-save off or the same speed as 1.17 with auto-save on? Or is it just slower than 1.17 period?
            Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
            X