Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does thE AI insist on Paratroopers instead of Tanks!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does thE AI insist on Paratroopers instead of Tanks!?!

In my game i'm in the early-late modern era and the AI continuously churns out tons of paratroopers....why!? Surely tanks would be a more sensible and profitable option for conquest especially considering the AI never actually uses the airdrop feature of the paratroopers!?

Anyone else been finding tons of paras and very little number of tanks appearing from the AI?

Nope, I've yet to see any paratroopers. Lots of tanks and mobile infantry though.
    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I havent gotten that far in 1.21 yet, but under 1.17 i noticed tons of paratroopers since they were defensive and tanks were offensive.

Comment

I have yet to see the AI build paratroopers.

Comment

I've never built one and neither has the AI. I wonder if there's a connection?
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Same reason why my modern era cities prefer to build frigates over destroyers, and ancient UUs over infantry .

I can change the build, so that is OK. I hate the idea of the AI "players" doing the same.

I think this has become a little better in the patches, but it still needs improvement

Comment

My AI just goes mech inf-mad. Of course, that's not so bad when you've got the only significant bomber wing, and a stack of radar art...
              Lime roots and treachery!
              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Sometimes I've noticed that the computer builds the best unit for the least amount of build time. This is why the AI sets your big producing cities to ICBM's when they come up for changed build orders and sets the lower producing cities to paratoopers or other... The AI seems to calculate in the number of turns it will take to build something. If it will take 1 turn to build a paratrooper and 3 turns to build a modern armor then they go for the paratrooper. I don't know the truth to this, but this was just my observation.
                "The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn."

Feyd

Comment

Well, I always build tons of Paras. Never seen AI do it tho. Mayhaps cuz they dont know how to use them. Kinda like Privateers.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Some of you guys must be kidding.

The AI continuously cranks out paratroops in my games. I constantly have to correct the annoying AI governor.

Comment

Mech Inf mode happend to me too.

DrJambo,
                      What are stats for that Paratrooper that AI used. Is it MODed in any way (or maybe Tanks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Feyd
                        ... The AI seems to calculate in the number of turns it will take to build something. If it will take 1 turn to build a paratrooper and 3 turns to build a modern armor then they go for the paratrooper. ...
                        Yeah, like when I first build factories, get 40 shields/turn and my governors want to build longbows in 1 turn instead of infantry/cavalry in 2 or 3.

JB

Comment

player1, i think it may have something to do with my 'modded' paras and tanks...

i had set tanks to cost 130 instead of 100 and paras to cost 90 instead of 100. Plus i had them at 8,8,2.

Therefore they are now the cheapest offensive unit and maybe that's why the AI builds tons of them now?! Maybe when i set tanks back to the same price as paras they'll prefer tanks as their offensive unit of choice....!?

Comment

i've actually seen the germans use a 8 paratrooper attack (on diety). sure my modern armors rolled right over them, but they landed on strategic resources.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Maybe they are cheapest mobile (movment of 2) offensive unit.

What realy puzzles me is why Horsemen + Swordsmen grups are OK, but there are problems in modern age?

Soren needs to answer lots of questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X