No announcement yet.

How to plant Spies????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more advanced the target civ is, the less likely any espionage will work (particularly incite propaganda). Thus, when you're going for space race, espionage is all but impotent.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Wow that is kind of backwards, if you ask me. I would think that the possibilities for espionage increase with technology. I think that in higher tech places one person can do more and have more of an effect than in low tech places.

I think a spy in a modern industrial states technocracy could do a lot more than in a medeival feudal barony. Certainly spies seem more prevelant in WWII and the Cold War than say the Hundred Years War.
      Good = Love, Love = Good
      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Only spy when you're at war with the civ you're spying on.

Might take several attempts.

No diplomatic penalties.

AJ
        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
        - emperor level all time
        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

You know what.
          Steal tech misison actally pays off in modern era (if only one or two civs have that tech), while being bad choice in medivial age.
          It has to do someing with way how is it calculated.

Comment

Once you have a spy in place you have to be careful though, if you are building for war and your spy fails in his mission, you will lose knowledge of his military, which has happened to me in crucial situations.

I'm glad that spies aren't what they were in civ2, buying a civ city by city, I thought was pretty crazy. I just wish there could have been some solution that would lessen their power but still make them fun to use.

Comment

spies

Yeah, spys in civ2 were overpowered. I remember all the games I ended via mass nuclear war, spys were a cheap way to nuke since I was at war with everyone anyway. Pump out a bunch in one turn, toss em on transports, and boom, nuke half his citys at very little expense.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

And the old fundamentalist with JS Bachs and Michelangelo's would be able to buy all the cities.
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                X