Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HUGE bug , someone reply and help ASAP (1.21 patch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUGE bug , someone reply and help ASAP (1.21 patch)

ok here is the problem

i installed the patch then went to edit some units, well lo and behold , the damn patch screwed up all the units in my game. They all upgrade to different units now, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch but it keeps screwing up the upgrade thing.

EX- my horseman turn into mounted warriors

THIS SUCKS

can anyone post a .bic file that is unmodified and version 1.21 so i can fix this please?

THANKS

My mod file is moded. You may want to reinstall Civ and the patch.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

i did, but everytime i patch is messes it up again =(

Comment

A unit will upgrade past a special unit. that lets a chariot upgrade all the way to cavalry for the iroquios and etc..

Comment

So you uninstalled Civ III entirely, reinstalled it, and the patch, and it was still corrupt. You might want to redownload the patch.
          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by PatLasch
            A unit will upgrade past a special unit. that lets a chariot upgrade all the way to cavalry for the iroquios and etc..
            Exactly - with the upgrades set like this, this lets you upgrade your UU's and upgrade units to them - so, it goes

Horseman->MW->Knight->Rider

Since only the iroquois get mw's if you have a horseman it will bypass the mw and upgrade to the knight. Mw's will upgrade straight to knights, etc.

Nothing is corrupt, that's just how it is.

Comment

Horsemen upgrading to Mounted Warriors is NOT a bug. PatLasch is right.

And if you really uninstall the game and make sure there are no files left anywhere then it is impossible that you have the same screw ups as before.

My guess is that all things you think to be wrong are intended that way or you didn't remove all files.

Comment

Almost every unit needs to be Edited and values and capabilities changed - by YOU.

Firaxis is so dopey they STILL give War Elephants airlift ability, but leaders can NOT airlift.

So, Edit, Edit.

Comment

Why do legionares upgrade to immortals?

-Alech
                  "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Well, since legions and immortals are both swordsman replacements, they both are in the same upgrade sequence. Immortals are unavailable to the Romans, so they skip them. Legions are unavailable to the Persians, so they skip them.

It goes warrior -> swordsman -> legion -> immortal

Coracle hasn't seen the movie Dumbo Drop with Matt LeBlanc playing a non-Joey character. I would say war elephants are airliftable based on the fine film produced by the folks at Disney. Plus, he whines about everything.

maddog... what did you edit about these units? Maybe that will help us figure out what went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle
                      Almost every unit needs to be Edited and values and capabilities changed - by YOU.
                      Almost every tiny, tiny percieved problem or inconsistency with your world view in the game needs to be edited and values and capabilties changed - by YOU.

Now is that Firaxis' problem... or yours?

BTW, refer to the above post on how elephants really can be airlifted. Those darn facts, huh Coracle... don't you hate those?
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

And besides, war elephants are obsolete by the time air power is around anyhow, so it's a moot point.

Comment

What? Legionaries to immortals? Immortals to legionaries? Horsemen to mounted warriors? How am I missing this? I mod, and only play modded games. Is this kind of thing happening in non modded 1.21 patch games? Do people know how to mod? Never had these kinds of problems. Took me a long time to figure out most of the nuances to modding, but once you figure it out this should not happen. Hmmm....
                          "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

No, don't worry, it works. Just play a real game with it, it works fine. I have one game up to the Rennaisance and its done fine.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Don't you just love it when a game is so lame you have to mod it for it to make any sense; then it won't work and you complain and they say, "Well, you idiot, you modded the game, bugger off".

Comment

Working...
                              X