Stupid civ3 mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid civ3 mod question

Something I've not really understood in the 1.21f patch. If I modify my civ3mod file and load a saved game, will the chages not be applied immediately?

In previous versions civ3mod.bic file took effect immediately.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

I could be wrong here but the way I understand it is that the new patch saves the settings in the .sav game file. So if you change the civ3mod.bic, it won't take any effect on existing games. It will only have effect in new games that you start.

In a way its good because you can't mess up an important game by doing wonky things to the bic, so no more corrupting of old sav files. But its also bad because it's harder to test mod changes, since now we have to bring the game all the way from the start to the modern age just to test a few modern era changes.

again, someone with better knowledge can correct me.
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

As far as I know, thats the way it works.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm upset .

Comment

It totally sucks
          It's now impossible to correct bug "on the fly", and to playtest without relaunching another game.
          Like some other features, I just can't understand the meaning of this : no pro, many cons.
          Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

this was the only glaring fault I've found so far in 1.21. I'm still playing around with balancing the values and I hate when I find something after the first era because I know I'll have to start a new game to test my new values

I hope they "unfix" this one in the future.

Comment

I hope they unfix that feature too, or make it optional in the save dialog.
              Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
              Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

values

I use Marals Map and change it's values. I do not think(hope) that the 1.21 patch will change those values only the values on the civ3mod.bic. which I do not think I use since Marlas map has it's own ,bic file?

Comment

Marla's map should indeed be unaffected.
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

marals

Thank you

Comment

Exactly that is the problem. If in mid-came I find out I forgot to make the SS parts more expensive, it's till the next game for me...

Comment

Working...
                      X