Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When can we expect ol' sid ta' roll out th' CiC for Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can we expect ol' sid ta' roll out th' CiC for Civ3?

I remember the joy I felt when cic came out, now a whole new world of artwork, strategy and drama was available. I strongly doubt firaxis would be so blind as to aleinate all us scenario types, they're probably waiting to release it later, or so I hope. I understand their desire to make money, but isn't it about time for the scenario version?
    http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
    Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
    ------------------------
    ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

What's CiC ?
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I can't remember any Sid-games with those initials? Do I forget something?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Conflicts in Civilization, I think. I think that was the first scenario pack ... I don't think it was very good or very liked.
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

As I recall it was grossly overpriced, at least in Sweden. I got the CIV2 - gold edition for free instead. It had it all...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It was fist Civ3 XP with script language.

It had several interesting scenraios including Apolcalipse post nuclear scenraio (my favorite). I even mde some personal MODs of these sceanrios several years ago.

Comment

- It was pretty good.
              "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I vaguely remember CiC for Civ2. I doubt we'll see something like that for Civ3. Firaxis probably will let the modding community do that for them.
                signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Haupt. Dietrich
                  I vaguely remember CiC for Civ2. I doubt we'll see something like that for Civ3. Firaxis probably will let the modding community do that for them.
                  In fact some of the sceanarios in CiC are done by community.

P.S.
                  I'll never forget fist scenario pack for Civ2.
                  It was excellent in that time.

Comment

Oh yes, the "after the apocalypse" scenario.... (good memories coming back )
                    I think they'll do a scenario expansion, but not now. Still, their artists are working on "unannouced projects" concerning Civ3, I suppose it means new units, terrains and leader faces. They wouldn't release only some new civs in an XP.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Gee I was under the impression that it was not liked at the time. I am sure I read somewhere that fans felt it was released too early and contained too little.

Not that I myself have an opinion about it ... I'm just trying to explain why I posted what I did.
                      Good = Love, Love = Good
                      Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Working...
                      X