New Marine Ability Idea: Land + Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Marine Ability Idea: Land + Move

Instead of the calls for "boosting the A/D" of Marines... I was thinking that they needed something else. Why not give them the ability to move off of a transport without using their movement point? In other words, let them be able to attack / move after they've landed. I think this would add usefulness to the unit, and make us all think a little bit more. I don't think the realism nazis could really complain.

What do you think?
    Caelicola

They can. After the other Marines first take the city they are targeting for invasion.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Obviously. I'm not talking about invading cities. I'm not talking about attacking directly from a transport... I'm talking about moving to any square off of a transport without using up the attack/movement. i.e. landing, and then having the ability to do something (move to a more secure location, attack further inland, etc)
      Caelicola

Comment

Originally posted by SirSebastian

Obviously. I'm not talking about invading cities. I'm not talking about attacking directly from a transport... I'm talking about moving to any square off of a transport without using up the attack/movement. i.e. landing, and then having the ability to do something (move to a more secure location, attack further inland, etc)
        Give them "treat all square as road" or a second movement point.
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

I don't think giving them an 'extra' move would help them to be a more useful unit. They would still be weak, but just more mobile initially.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've tuned Marines up a little bit by giving them an attack of 12. Now in the 1.21 game I consider giving them a HP bonus, too, to make the Marine some kind of a Special Forces unit for fighting in field even during late game.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Has anybody flipped the 'Wheel' switch for Tanks, ModArmour and MechInf? If so, how does it play?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                I've tuned Marines up a little bit by giving them an attack of 12. Now in the 1.21 game I consider giving them a HP bonus, too, to make the Marine some kind of a Special Forces unit for fighting in field even during late game.
                I to, have given them more attack. Although, my version is weaker, since it's a 10/10 unit. I gave them a 2 movement.

I tried giving some worker abilities, such as building forts, but it didn't work as I expected.
                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                X