grrrrr, spawnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grrrrr, spawnings

Why the hell does all most every Civ (Usualy all for them) have to be spawned on the same land mass (Usualy what you would expect to be a chain of islands, but they are joined by tiny bits of land! This is so annoying since i want to have some cool naval battes from one land mass to another, not around them!

- PS - This guy looks like he is swearing ->
    Help negate the vegiterian movement!
    For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

You can go into the editor and change "distance between civs" under world sizes. That should spread them out some more.

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Attention Grrr, they've already started a thread on
        you

AJ
        " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
        - emperor level all time
        - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
          You can go into the editor and change "distance between civs" under world sizes. That should spread them out some more.
          One could argue that this is the work of the AI
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by AJ Corp. The FAIR
            Attention Grrr, they've already started a thread on
            you

AJ
            I'm Here
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Perhaps it's in the difficulty level too. Higher difficulty=neighbours can reach you?
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Higher Difficulty = AI cheats, and knows were you are.

Comment

Re: grrrrr, spawnings

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                  - PS - This guy looks like he is swearing ->
                  I think he is supposed to be. It's a rant isn't it?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

But on ANY difficulty level it seems that as soon as you find one of them, they know where your capital is.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

As I stated before. The AI cheats. They know were not to go so as to not sink their pathetic boats either, yet still find you in the middle of the blue ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                        But on ANY difficulty level it seems that as soon as you find one of them, they know where your capital is.
                        If they've developed writing, then they can build an embassy. Doing that will show them the location of your capital just as it does to you when you establish an embassy in a foreign nation.
                        Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I usually build a random map in the editor, then I seperate land pieces so they won´t be connected too much, because I like naval battles as well. This leads of course to that I have a clue how the map looks, but I usually forget that when I´ve played for a while.

Comment

I pick the smallest island setting and it amazes me how often how often there is a large land mass with 4 of 5 of the 8 civs on it. i like it best when each civ gets their own medium sized island with room for at least a dozen cities. this has many benfits one being that less often the AIs will attack me for no reason, and on those occasions when I refuse to give up a tech and they declare war, they cant actually do much damage. It also prevents me from steam rolling all the AIs once I get tanks.

Comment

It helps prevent counter-offensives
                              --------------------------------------------
                              A counter-offensive is like say...
                              ...If the allies failed their invasion of france and the Germans invaded England, that would be a counter offensive.
                              Of course naval counter offensives are alot harder!

Comment

Working...
                              X