Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats with the little White spots on the land??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats with the little White spots on the land??

I dont know if its just me going crazy, but there are always these little white spots on the terrain. Does this mean there is a special use for this land or maybe where there will be resources or something?? Anyone know what these things mean?

are you talking about grassland?
    if so, those are shields, and they give (I think) +1 shield production compared to the normal grassland.

Comment

Its not when you zoom in to look at the land, its just from the normal view, you can see like a little white dot on the land?

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan20
        Its not when you zoom in to look at the land, its just from the normal view, you can see like a little white dot on the land?
        yeah, if its grassland, they are shields that give you increased production.

(I can't believe I'm helping out a pats fan. esp. a pats fan from memphis!) kidding

Comment

Oh so, that means that only these grasslands with the white produce sheilds? Thats cool. And exactly what is wrong with you helping a Patriots fan From Memphis??

Comment

Oh so, that means that only these grasslands with the white produce sheilds? Thats cool. And exactly what is wrong with you helping a Patriots fan From Memphis??
            yes

and

bitterness, bitterness bitterness Pats (hint: look at my location)

about memphis: I went to ole miss for undergrad, so I was just teasing.

Comment

oh... Ole Miss, thats too bad. But its even worse for us that we lose to you guys at everything! Hahah, thanks for the help

Comment

oh... Ole Miss, thats too bad. But its even worse for us that we lose to you guys at everything! Hahah, thanks for the help
                no problem. enjoy the game

Comment

I already am. Since you know a lot about the game it seems, I was wondering.. on the normal display screen, on the city it will have the name of the city then on the bottom it has like a little split screen part, the bottom has the production and the turns left, what is on the top? It has like a 6/6 or something like that. And how come the capital city (or the city with the star by it) will change from time to time? What causes this, is it the amount of Culture? Sorry for all the question, I am new to Civ games, played Alpha Centauri a while ago and this is diferent from what i remember. Thanks!

Comment

I already am. Since you know a lot about the game it seems, I was wondering.. on the normal display screen, on the city it will have the name of the city then on the bottom it has like a little split screen part, the bottom has the production and the turns left, what is on the top? It has like a 6/6 or something like that. And how come the capital city (or the city with the star by it) will change from time to time? What causes this, is it the amount of Culture? Sorry for all the question, I am new to Civ games, played Alpha Centauri a while ago and this is diferent from what i remember. Thanks!
                    I know a little about the game, there are others with far more knowledge than i, but I will try to help

the number on the upper left is how many turns until the city grows in population. And you're right, the number below it is how many turns till production is complete.

I'm not sure what you mean by the capital city changing. The radius grows faster, since it has the palace from the beginning. the radius increases at 10 culture points, 100, etc. so after ten turns, the capital city's radius will increase. Other cities require a temple or other cultural improvement to grow.

is this what you wanted to know?

Comment

yeah thats part of it, but i noticed when I was the Germans one time, the city with the star by it (im guessing the capital city) would change from one city to another, it did the same when I was the Americans. I dont know if it matters how much culture or what, but maybe its just me that gets this.

Comment

yeah thats part of it, but i noticed when I was the Germans one time, the city with the star by it (im guessing the capital city) would change from one city to another, it did the same when I was the Americans. I dont know if it matters how much culture or what, but maybe its just me that gets this.
                        perhaps they moved their palace? you can do that by building the palace in a new city. Also, when you capture the capital city, the palace will appear in a nearby large city. maybe that is what was happening.

Comment

yeah possibly, i do remember building the forbidden palace in one of the cities. That could be it.

Comment

yeah possibly, i do remember building the forbidden palace in one of the cities. That could be it.

well, building the forbidden palace wouldn't move the star. it would only move by losing the city or abandoning it, or building the palace in another city (can you sell the palace? i dont think so)

when you build the intelligence center, a pentagon will be where the star is, so perhaps you are seeing that too.

Comment

Maybe he is referring to the change in city graphics that happen when you move from one era to another.
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X