Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Money Shots

I've seen several cool screen shots
    of awesome/strange/interesting situations. We can blab and blab all we want about our clever little coups of civ III, but nothing says it all like a picture. I would like to see some truly amazing shots, with a short explanation bragging (or making an excuse ). Then we can all yack about it. Maybe, after so many posts, we can have a poll - coolest money shot. I just remember one shot on the army thread of something like 30 French tank armies poised to rock and roll.

PS/BTW: how do you do that, copy a screenshot? Me be igorent.
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

I had a great saved game(1.16) at one time that had a stack of 72 indian elephants poised outside my city. I used to replay those few turns to see how different defensive strategies worked. If memory serves me, it was about 130 total indian units that managed to sneak up on me. Luckily, with railroads i had been able to assemble a force of around 30 units, mostly cavalry and riflemen. It was a glorious war (and not a single GL). Hopefully I have it on disk somewhere but I dont know if I'll be able to get a screen shot because I remember that it wouldnt load under 1.17.

Comment

Cool. How do you do this? I may post here from time to time to keep the thread high on the list, as I suppose it might take some time to get enough "money shots".
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

I love seeing screen shots of other peoples' games! Its very interesting somehow...

Unfortunately I don't really have anything interesting to post myself ... I'm doing kind of bland lately ... but I'll keep my eye out.
        Good = Love, Love = Good
        Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Hmm... thought this was a good idea for a thread, but perhaps not. It's kind of hard to remember when you get that really cool screen, I suppose. Just posting to give it a little lease on life.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

how does one save a screenshot? i am kinda embarassed to ask such a thing...but i never tried

Comment

Let me ask a friend. I know it involves the print screen key.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

You have to depress the print screen key twice while rotating in your chair clockwise, brushing your teeth and tossing salt over your shoulder.

The brand of toothpaste does not matter.

Comment

Excerpt from windows 98 help file:

To copy the window or screen contents

To copy an image of the window that is currently active, press ALT+PRINT SCREEN.
                  To copy an image of the entire screen, press PRINT SCREEN.
                  Note

To paste the image into a document, on the Edit menu in the document window, click Paste.

Comment

I am so ashamed to be using still win98 for this computer, esp since I have win2000 available, but heck, I am used to it.

The next question should be: How do I display a screen shot on Poly?, but I will wait until it is asked.

Comment

I've tried only once, but 'succeeded' in another manner (by clicking on a link it would appear).

So, regarding instant photo display in post,

how do I display a screen shot on Poly?

AJ
                      " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
                      - emperor level all time
                      - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

a-ha, i guess it will work in winXP too
                        sometimes the screens are really worth saving

Comment

When you use the print screen key the image is saved to the clip board. You will need to use either a paint program or a image viewer to convert that to something usefull. A jpeg would be best for Apolyton.

I use Irfan Viewer for this. Its free and is one of the best viewer/converters around. It can handle most image file types, more than many paint programs, and its small and quick.

Comment

Attached Files
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Demanding a total of 20 gold in return for 117 gold and St. Pete; Russia must shun it's proclivity for greed.

Comment

Working...
                              X