Urgent: My destroyers won't move!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: My destroyers won't move!

This could be a major bug. I'm playing Regent and I've just completed two destroyers in coastal cities with harbours. I can't move them tile by tile ... but they will travel to any other city instantly -- so it has to be along my railroad tracks!

I can't move them with GO TO or with the arrow keys.

I also noted on a totally landlocked city that I could build a destroyer!

Is this happening to others? And what do we do about it?
    Jack

Hmmm, that IS strange...you might have to reinstall your game - something is messed up with your program.

And no, this have never happend to me (yet)

Comment

More info:

I had previously made galleys, galleons, and ironclads and they worked perfectly.

I can move the destroyers with the arrow keys along roads and rail lines!
      Jack

Comment

Is your game moddded? It's possible destroyers have somehow become land units

Comment

It sounds like your game has been modded. In your first post they may have been air units or land units and in your second they definately were land units.

Are you playing with us?
          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

I think you're absolutely right. It occurred to me a few minutes after I'd sent the message that I had gone in and edited the bombardment capabilities of various ships. I must have clicked on "land" thinking it meant to bombard land targets. I have corrected that.

Thanks and sorry to be so stupid. But it was funny to see a destroyer travelling along a road!
            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
              But it was funny to see a destroyer travelling along a road!

Yes... that would be funny
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That is funny.

One small note this made me think of ... during WWII, America constructed ships inland and moved them to the sea to be launched. This helped us get the amazing amount of ships made. Also, I think the Germans tried doing that with U Boats since their pens were getting hit so hard by air attacks.
                Good = Love, Love = Good
                Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Originally posted by nato
                  That is funny.

One small note this made me think of ... during WWII, America constructed ships inland and moved them to the sea to be launched. This helped us get the amazing amount of ships made. Also, I think the Germans tried doing that with U Boats since their pens were getting hit so hard by air attacks.
                  Interesting.
                  Brings to mind somthing that I did once: I set a wonder to give all cites a harbor, thinking that all my coastal cities would get a harbor. I was right-- and all my other cities got harbors too! Didn't do much for me, though...
                  Do the Job

Remember the World Trade Center

Comment

about as good as that one mod I downloaded where all the oil tiles were in the ocean
                    So imagine my anger when I finally get to that point in an AWESOME game, just to not be able to build ANY late game units.
                    Man, my comp really heard some "unique" phrases that day
                    "Dave, if medicine tasted good, I'd be pouring cough syrup on my pancakes." -Jimmy James, Newsradio

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Yes... that would be funny
                      it is actually funny to see ming amused

Comment

MyOlde: Do you have a screenshot of the destroyer moving along a rail?
                        Golfing since 67

Comment

I'm sorry, I don't. Once I figured out what I'd done and fixed it in the editor, I threw out that game and started a new one.

I'm not sure I know how to make a screenshot for that matter.
                          Jack

Comment

Alt-Printscreen will copy the screen to the 'clipboard'. Then you can paste it (ctrl-v) into a graphics editing program such as Paint Shop Pro or similar, convert it to .jpg or .gif format, and make it smaller. Then you can post them here as an attachment

Hope that made sense
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                            X