Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to choose which unit the "draft citizen" becomes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to choose which unit the "draft citizen" becomes?

I've used the "draft citizen" command a few times now and it always gives me the latest defensive-style unit, I guess you'd call it -- e.g., pikeman, musketman, infantry ... whatever's going. Is it possible to control what's drafted? Can I make it give me cavalry or artillery? (Assuming I have the tech and the necessary resources, of course.)

If so, how do I do it?

Thanks, as always.
    Jack

I think it´s on the Special Abilities of the unit (Wheeled, footman, wathever)
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

There's no way to choose what you get in the game.

Comment

i wish there was a "defensive" and "offensive" draft...

sure it might not make sense in the real world, but i'd like to get a modern tank for a pop point
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Since we can't change what we get through the draft, do you think that's why there are no rifleman, infantry, or mechanized infantry replacement UUs?

Comment

yes, i forgot, you can only enable it but you have no direct control of how it works. (perhaps changing the defensive values, higher is selected, I don´t konw)
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

the latest unit (judged by upgrade paths i think) that has the draft ability is selected. draft is defensive only for game balance reasons, could you imagine someone drafting a battleship or a ton of modern armors?
              The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

It'd be fun, though, wouldn't it?
                Jack

Comment

Drafting nukes. Now that would be fun.

Steele
                  If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                    Drafting nukes. Now that would be fun.

Steele
                    lol, i could see an arsenal of 200 "conscript ICBMs"
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yep, just take that little ICBM from its parents, you cruel cold hearted man....

Comment

Working...
                      X