Fighters not upradable anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters not upradable anymore?

In versions prior to 1.21, the fighter unit upgraded to jet-fighter. I use the americans alot, so when the patch (don't remember which one) that put CSU's in the upgrade path, I was very pleased because I could now upgrade my fighters to F-15s. Now in 1.21 however, the civilopedia entry for fighters does not list them as being upgradable at all. My question is is that right, or is it a bug? In my current game, I just acquired rocketry, so now I can build F-15s but when I select a fighter and hit SHIFT+U, it says I don't have a single fighter that can be upgraded -- which has me thinking they CAN in fact be upgraded, that maybe I'm missing a criteria (airport+barracks+aluminum?), and the civilopedia is wrong. Can anyone clear this up?
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Looking in the civ3mod.bic, it says that it upgrades to jet fighter. I don't know why you are having problems...

Comment

the americans don't get jet fighters, they get the F 15. But 1.16 or 1.17 set it so Civ specific units are in the upgrade path so it should be working.
      Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Money?

Comment

Maybe your Fighters are not in a city with an Airport? I know I keep forgetting to do that.

Comment

When you hit Shift-U did you notice a lightning bolt icon in the unit buttons onscreen? If you don't see that than you cannot upgrade the fighter at this time. Move the fighter to a city that has built an airport and you should be all set. In addition make sure that all the planes you wish to upgrade are in cities with airports otherwise you will not be able to upgrade.

Did anyone notice that when you Shift-U that you don't have to go through a bizillion units to re-fortify them back in their cities?

1.21f =
            signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

No good. I have airports (in the cities I've tried upgrading in), and over $3000. Maybe Soren Johnson will see this thread and want the save file...

Comment

That's just a civilopedia FEATURE.

If you are American, you'll see in civilopedia that Elephants DON't upgrade.
                On the other hand whne playing Indaians, Elephants do upgrade, but Knights don't.

P.S.
                This was in 1.17f already.

Comment

Originally posted by fluxcapacitor
                  No good. I have airports (in the cities I've tried upgrading in), and over $3000. Maybe Soren Johnson will see this thread and want the save file...
                  Do you have Aluminium? You need access to Oil and Aluminium in the city where you are trying to upgrade your fighter(s).

Mike

Comment

Perhaps posting a save would be a good idea anyway, so that we can see it.
                    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

here it is
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X