New Game Concept: Predetermined Victor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimmytrick
    What is your problem pal? Are you playing with 7 AI? If so your odds are supposed to be 7-1 against you. Quit whining. What did you expect, the game to be fun?
    Personally, I see this as a major problem with Civ3. It should be eight seporate civs all working, with shifting loyalties, to become number one. If one civ gets to far ahead then the AI should be smart enough to ally against him to try to even the playing field a bit. Instead we have everyone else verse the human. That is a MAJOR defect.

Hopefully, they will come out with MP soon and we can solve some of Firaxis's mistakes by eliminating the need for a dodgy AI.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Eh? I always manage to rally AI allies to the destruciton of the guy in front. Believe me, they hate each other too...
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
        Believe me, they hate each other too...
        Thats why they pool their research.

Comment

I have no problem making the AI civs dance to my tune. Provided I maintain sufficient military strength to avoid them threatening me. If I am too weak, or have too little culture, then everyone starts trying to kick me around.

Might explain the them vs me that some people are observing.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ok, lemme just clarify that the fascism thing only PARTLY caused the problem... the fascism government as I have it only SLIGHTLY better than the Despotism government, and the rate cap for science was 50%, so I don't think that's the only explanation...

The game is just naturally harder now, which is ok as long as its within reason. I'm going to play again with the fix to the Fascism government and see how it affects things.

And the Jungle thing was pissing me off mostly, but that seems to have disappeared since I uninstalled and reinstalled.
            Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Dom, you should probably raid the strategy forum for some good building strats, starting in a jungle does suck, but everything else you described could be just from bad planning
              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

The ability to give one of the AI’s more of a chance than the others would be pretty cool, then I know say Japan is going to kill everybody. And the only chance the AI has will be to create an alliance against Japan. Just kinda like a random scenario tool, could be called…
                …Say…
                …Pre-determined history would be simple like, all the AI’s have the selected difficulty level and the selected Civ is 1 or 2 levels higher. Does not mean its definitely going to win, just means its going to be the one starting all the wars and winning most of them, unless you but in of course.
                Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Working...
                X