Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firaxis: why is there NO OIL in my game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UberKruX
    :: points to firaxians that said there were at least 3 sources of every resource on every map ::

but firaxis hasn't lied before, so ...

ROFLOL!!

As far as I am concerned, they lied by omission when they marketed the game WITHOUT telling us that THIS Civ had NO SCENARIOS or Cheat Mode.

They lied when they put in an Editor that causes CRASHING if you really mod the game. (So it really CAN'T Edit).

And a lot more since then.

Comment

AFAIK there is 1.5 Iron & Horses per civ, 1 per civ of other resouces and a little less urnium.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        Actually, this is quite funny! Humanity can at last exist in a pollution-free world!
        And the pollution from the coal?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You get credits for not using oil.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

To fix this problem, just make resources available in one or two extra terrains. I know it's a kludge, but it works - I have had no resource problems in any game I have played.

Every resource should have at least 3 terrains it can appear in. A good choice is to use terrains from both ends of the spectrum, for example the combination Tundra/Desert/Jungle covers warm, cold, wet and dry all at once.
            None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Oil should appear in Plains. It did. They dumped that. Their decision sux. Change it.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wow I am impressed. I think this first time someone claimed to have nothing of a specific strategic resource in the entire world and ACTUALLY didn't have hiding somewhere.

This is not good. Belongs on the bug thread.

Comment

You could say it's realistic. After all the world didn't necessarily have to have a source of oil. It's not necessary for it to exist. Adds a bit of variety to the game I'd say.

Comment

If the world had no oil they would invent alternative modern weapons. Having modernisation grind to a halt because of a missing resource is stupid.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Modernisation wouldn't grind to a halt
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I think having oil be exclusively in Tundra and Desert is stupid. Texas is plains and they had oil. And what about offshore drilling? There was oil in the Eastern US too. It just got used up real quick.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

But, God forbid I suggest anything to make the game more realistic.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            Texas is plains and they had oil.
                            Texas is strange.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                              Oil should appear in Plains. It did. They dumped that. Their decision sux. Change it.
                              Oh no...I was saying such good things about the patch on other thread. Why do they do this kind of thing? Well, you can still mod, right? Does it change in pre done mods? I gotta mod to really enjoy the game anyway, so no big deal.
                              "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

plus, there should be more, not less resources. Anyway, I forget, to make resources more plentiful do you adjust the number on the mod up or down?
                                "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Working...
                                X