Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: new server?

Originally posted by Wittlich

AJ, after you "click" on the new server link, save the new page to your favorites and delete the old server page from your computer. This is what I did and it works fine now.
    My fellow souls at Apolyton will always help me out , thanks.

AJ
    " Deal with me fairly and I'll allow you to breathe on ... for a while. Deal with me unfairly and your deeds shall be remembered and punished. Your last human remains will feed the vultures who circle in large numbers above the ruins of your once proud cities. "
    - emperor level all time
    - I'm back !!! (too...)

Comment

As a reply to the original thread-topic, I find it sometimes a little difficult to see where I can put a city to have the aqueduct benefit. When I was a newbee, I thought that was the same rules as placing irrigation, that it worked also diagonally. The dwindling meanders of rivers could also be a little bit hard to follow, especially in hilly areas.

And as a reply to the other thread-topic, I can´t see the attached image but I can see nye's nice avatar. Groarrh...

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker
        And as a reply to the other thread-topic, I can´t see the attached image but I can see nye's nice avatar. Groarrh...
        Exactly the same.

To complete AJ's question, I also noticed that some links do not function anymore. I can not get out of the forums.

MarkG, has the whole site been completely moved ?
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

It's good practice to right-click for terrain info before settling. If the info lists at least 1 gold more than that tile's default, it counts as adjacent to a river.

Sadly, the map gets confused by more than one river edge. If you have a river on 2 or 3 sides of a tile, you'll probably need an acqueduct.
          The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
          intelligence to few.

Comment

Does the game really get confused like that? Marquis de Sodaq?
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I deleted the image since I don't have a website. I thought it was successfully uploaded, because I could see it. DOH!
              "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
              —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                Does the game really get confused like that? Marquis de Sodaq?
                Yes - I was puzzled for several games by needing an acqueduct in such a city. I haven't checked closely enough to know under exactly what conditions the acqueduct is still needed. Checking before settling works every time, tho.
                The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                intelligence to few.

Comment

Sorry to drag this one back up, but check out this picture. This is an unmodded game, version 1.21f
                  "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

Why won't my attachment show up?

Comment

Working...
                    X