Science rate in Low Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science rate in Low Corruption

I've lowered corruption to 10% on every difficulty level, and I've found that tech is coming way too fast.

It's not even 1000 AD and there are battleships, subs, and bombers around!

Is there any way to slow down tech rate without increasing corruption?
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Not sure but some ideas :
    Raising the costs of each tech
    Raising the min. and max. caps of tech for instance, you discover a tech at most every 8 turns or something)
    Lowering the AI willingness to trade with each other
    Reducing the AI bonusues on tech if you're playing monarch or higher
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

"Raising the min. and max. caps of tech for instance, you discover a tech at most every 8 turns or something)"

Where is that in the "editor"?
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

fast tech comes from ai trading and tech devaluation, or did you stop playing when 1.17f came out. My solution is to start all the civs on different continents, and disable galleys, so that they can not get early contact.

Comment

Whatever was before this patch, I had it.

It didn't seem that bad.

BTW, I edited all the units and now they don't seem to want to upgrade anymore.

Comment

Edit Rules, General Settings tab, under the Technology group.

Also, you can increase the global cost of techs by changing "Tech Rate" for each of the world sizes in the World Sizes tab.
            "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker

BTW, I edited all the units and now they don't seem to want to upgrade anymore.
              Hehe.
              "For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his vengeance." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Working...
              X