Tips on altering corruption?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips on altering corruption?

I have just downloaded the patch, and was thinking on changing the corruption level. Have anybody a suggestion or two on how much I should alter it on the different difficulities, so it doesn't get too easy?
    Last edited by Nikolai; April 19, 2002, 18:39.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

I put it to 50% and that generally still isn't enough. Generally switch it down to 10% or so.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

OK! Then I try that!
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

10% is way too low, even 25% is now rediculously low. at 25% building a police station would be and utter waste of resources for 9 out of 10 cities. I mean even far away island outposts across countless ocean squares aren't even affected by corruption.

I'm going to try for maybe 35% to 40% and see where I like it. The point of all this for me was not to just get rid of corruption completely, but to limit it so its not rediculously crippling if you have anything approaching a vast empire.
        I hate Civ3!

Comment

Originally posted by morb
          10% is way too low, even 25% is now rediculously low. at 25% building a police station would be and utter waste of resources for 9 out of 10 cities. I mean even far away island outposts across countless ocean squares aren't even affected by corruption.

I'm going to try for maybe 35% to 40% and see where I like it. The point of all this for me was not to just get rid of corruption completely, but to limit it so its not rediculously crippling if you have anything approaching a vast empire.
          i agree, it should have some impact. corruption IS part of the game!! Me thinks
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X