Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many more patches should we expect from the Firaxis crew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose your right NYE, as long as they give us an unplayable game, and as long as the game gets some negative publicity, they are likely to patch it, just to keep face.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
      How many people here played Civ2 when it was first released?
      Me! I played the game "as was" in early english version (I've forgotten the exact number).
      I discovered Civ 2 patch (2.42 IIRC) only some years later, browsing the Internet.
      I survived with bugs I found (and also with bugs I never found ).

Obviously, there was a version 1.0, but we never hear about it. Why? Because it sucked. But many people claim that Civ2 is the greatest strategy game of all time. Even though it sucked when it was first released. When Civ3 gets aroundto version 5-point-something, maybe you'll change your minds then.
      Come on, that's not true. Some games are released with very minor bugs, some really are rushed out of door, with Quality Assurance grinding teeth all time (they aren't stupid at all, but sometime they can't spend enough time on the job, you know).
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I played the original Civ II (.85 IIRC) for a year. The only bug that was a nuisance was the 325% score thing.
        Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
        Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

The only thing that "Bugged" me about CIV I was the 128 unit maximum.

Nothing "Bugged" me about CIV II except when I "upgraded" to CIV II Gold there was no difference.

Many things "Bug" me about CIV III.
          The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
          Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

The only negative publicity they are getting is on these boards Grrr!! If that were the only part of the equation do you think they would still be working on it? I doubt it.

More likely they actually genuinely want to produce a superior game because that will lead to massive future income. Some of their options were blown by events in the early stages of the project. Fine. Get over it. It is what it is, and it aint going to change. What matters is that they are still going. Maybe I'm too charitable. That's possible, but I'm not going to crucify anyone before they say 'we're done'.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think "We're done" would qualify as a comment... you probably won't be told...
              Good = Love, Love = Good
              Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Working...
              X