Is is possible to get 100% literacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is is possible to get 100% literacy?

Last game was frustrating, I tried to get 100% literacy, but could only get 99%. I double checked each city twice. Once on build menu and once on improvements scroll bar.

Every city had lib, univ., res. lab, and still only 99% lit. Was I missing something, or was/is this a bug with 1.17.

thanks

Maybe it isn't possible. There are always going to be some people who either can't learn or refuse to read.

Comment

What modeling real life? Ugh.

Comment

No
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I think my question would not be "how," but "why?"
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Why?

Why not?

Comment

What civ were you playing as?
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                I think my question would not be "how," but "why?"
                I suppose that's because, statistically speaking, there is no way that EVERYONE is literated, whatever the efforts.
                Perfection is not in this world
                Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk999
                  Maybe it isn't possible. There are always going to be some people who either can't learn or refuse to read.
                  As a public high school teacher about to leave the perfeshun, amen brother.
                  "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

I gots da 100 precent litteracie. Me is very smarter dan u an I not telling how to gets it.

Comment

Actually, I have to disagree with you. While it is true that not everyone can read, in most developed countries, notably the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, and other western nations, the literacy rate is always listed as being 100%. Even if not everyone can read, 99 out of 100 is cutting it too short.

Steele
                      If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
                        Actually, I have to disagree with you. While it is true that not everyone can read, in most developed countries, notably the US, Canada, the UK, France, Germany, and other western nations, the literacy rate is always listed as being 100%. Even if not everyone can read, 99 out of 100 is cutting it too short.

Steele
                        where is all this listed again? because the CIA world factbook tells an entirely different story.
                        I hate Civ3!

Comment

Re: Is is possible to get 100% literacy?

Originally posted by planetfall
                          Last game was frustrating, I tried to get 100% literacy, but could only get 99%. I double checked each city twice. Once on build menu and once on improvements scroll bar.

Every city had lib, univ., res. lab, and still only 99% lit. Was I missing something, or was/is this a bug with 1.17.

thanks
                          try switching to communism?
                          I hate Civ3!

Comment

Working...
                          X