Mods are great - acording to Salon.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods are great - acording to Salon.com

A wonderful article about game modding is on Salon.com. I guess CIV 3 sort of missed the boat when it comes to supporting modders. The editor is a joke - actually I'm still piss about that. Anyway here's the link.... http://salon.com/tech/feature/2002/0...ing/index.html
    Crag the Horrible Hack

Hmmmmmm, well i'd say they got work to do.....
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

heh... i read about three paragraphs down, and then got distracted by a link to "Masterpieces, Seinfeld (good read)"...

but, back to the MOD thing

I dont think ive played more than one or two bad mods for Halflife. But then again, the few times i tried to make a map for a game, nevermind a mod... well, personally, i didnt find i had an easy time of it...

But, DOD, CS, TFC, FA... all awesome mods..

and, well, here's a question... which game would be more moddable (if all of the propper modding tools were released for both)... Halflife or Civ3? Like, which game can you think of more modding ideas for?
      personally.. i dunno... i would say Haflife.

as for Steam... im against it. I would rather not have a commercialized download service... as it is, I already detest Fileplanet... they weren't good even when they were pretty free.
      I prefer the independent free folk.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

". . .there were to be no real barriers between creator and audience, or producer and consumer".

Does that mean we get to share in the profits??

"Then again, so is a partnership of inspiration and investment, where the only barriers to entry are imagination and a willingness to remake each other's dreams."

Our "dreams" could be better realized WITH A SCENARIO BUILDER!!!

Comment

Working...
        X